Titans Agree to Terms with DT Robaire Smith

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Joy in Titanville again!:nana2: :koolaid:

Beats all the people we saw ready to jump off a bridge after the second preseason game.
    :banana:

2. Brill signing!!!

3. Excellent. Things are looking up for the defense.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i think we're at 53. dequincy scott failed his physical so we didnt have to release anyone.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Robaire is a nice addition no doubt. Every piece of the puzzle counts!

6. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Thanksgiving come early, and Robaire and Hanesworth has plenty of stuffin for oppossing running backs.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Geez that's corny...but I like it.

Great that a signing went our way. Robeast is one veteran I'm certainly glad to have back. This is going to be a strong rotation, and Robaire should shake Starks out of his doldrums.

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Wow we got him real cheap:

'Smith's agent, Mike Harrison, and the Titans initially discussed a long-term deal, but eventually decided on a one-year contract that will pay Smith a base salary of $585,000 along with a $415,000 signing bonus. Harrison said the 49ers, Jaguars and Browns were among teams interested.'
    http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060906/SPORTS01/609060412/1027

On a one year deal he has a real incentive to play hard & earn himself a longterm payday.:wink2:

9. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

i think you hit the nail on the head. It was a smart move. We are projected to have 20-30m in cap space next year. A good solid year and he will get another 20m dollar contract. If signed to a long term this quickly after a late cut, probably could only muster a 10m dollar contract.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i dont know, i would have liked it to be a long-term deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar