Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Titans Agree to Terms with DT Robaire Smith

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. Hoffa Freak you you freakin freak...

Matthews
    Moolah:
    $1,285
    Joy in Titanville again!:nana2: :koolaid:

Beats all the people we saw ready to jump off a bridge after the second preseason game.
    :banana:
  2. LazyManJackson Starter

Moolah:
    $0
    Brill signing!!!
    • Staff / Moderator

Starkiller 9

McNair
    Moolah:
    $11
    Excellent. Things are looking up for the defense.
  3. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $9,003
    i think we're at 53. dequincy scott failed his physical so we didnt have to release anyone.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Creeping-Cruds Internet Bully

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $1,662
    Robaire is a nice addition no doubt. Every piece of the puzzle counts!
  4. ZELL22 Starter

Moolah:
    $10
    Thanksgiving come early, and Robaire and Hanesworth has plenty of stuffin for oppossing running backs.
  5. GLinks Titans on the Rise

Moolah:
    $619
    Geez that's corny...but I like it.

Great that a signing went our way. Robeast is one veteran I'm certainly glad to have back. This is going to be a strong rotation, and Robaire should shake Starks out of his doldrums.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Childress79 Loungefly ®

George
    Moolah:
    $523
    Wow we got him real cheap:

'Smith's agent, Mike Harrison, and the Titans initially discussed a long-term deal, but eventually decided on a one-year contract that will pay Smith a base salary of $585,000 along with a $415,000 signing bonus. Harrison said the 49ers, Jaguars and Browns were among teams interested.'
    http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060906/SPORTS01/609060412/1027

On a one year deal he has a real incentive to play hard & earn himself a longterm payday.:wink2:
  6. SupDawg Guest

i think you hit the nail on the head. It was a smart move. We are projected to have 20-30m in cap space next year. A good solid year and he will get another 20m dollar contract. If signed to a long term this quickly after a late cut, probably could only muster a 10m dollar contract.
  7. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $9,003
    i dont know, i would have liked it to be a long-term deal.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.