Titans agree to terms with CB Antwon Blake

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chance9, Mar 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Eventually, Munchak will be a Titan again with the way we take Steelers.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  2. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

What I don't understand is if he's as much a scrub as people are saying he is, Why did 6 teams including the Pats give him offers? Clearly those in league circles think he didn't play up to his potential last year. As our number four, its hard not to think he'll be an upgrade over Cody and BWW. Decent depth signing with possible big upside.

3. Titan/Oiler34

Titan/Oiler34 Special Teams Standout

Path of least resistance. Easier to sign players who know the system than to teach the system from scratch. Spence will end up being a good signing in the end I think, Blake should be better depth than we've had.

4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Must be a feeling that he was miscast in their Defense [or miscast playing outside]. 25 years old with starting experience is nice too.

5. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Oh look his very own thread? ..... Never to be heard from again on the practice squad by Preaseason game 3?? Sorry for any Mis spellings - a lot of green beer tonight (wedding after party) :toast:

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

From what I have seen if we want a CB we are better off with Hargreaves. However, Ramsey appears to be a better safety than Hargreaves is a corner.

7. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

McCourty to Safety

Ramsey, Cox, Blake, McCain, Webb, Riggs

Plus any other draft pick/UDFA competing with the bottom 4 CB for roster spot/field time.

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I'd guess CB but he can strictly play CB, strictly play S, or move around the D creating matchup problems for offenses on a game by game or play by play basis!

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Relax and reset. No one on the OL played well last year so it's natural to feel nervous about any of them playing...especially LT. But none of us thinks Lewan can't be a good starting LT in this league....if they do, Tunsil will be the pick, no and's if's or but's! But I really think we had major coaching problems and scheme problems to the point where everyone's technique was sloppy at best and most of the season, the unit couldn't gel because 1 or more didn't know what they were supposed to do. That will be cleaned up this year (or BETTER BE) one way or another.

Consider this. As Fry pointed out, we can live with one Bell at RT if everyone else is pulling their weight, get coached up, and everyone's on the same page...including Mariota. I wanted them to AT LEAST get a vet who at worst, we can survive with if we decide not to go with Tunsil. This way, we can take BPA or trade down and won't go into the draft with a big fat giant hole at RT. I would have preferred a better OT prospect...especially one that could start and be here for a while...but Bell does offer something most of the OT prospects don't.....he's a power player with size. So we could end up taking a OT in the 2nd-4th round to develop behind Bell or compete with him outright for the job. Worst comes to worst, we can survive a year with him at RT...especially if everyone carries their weight and we have a solid or even GOOD run game to keep us ahead of the sticks and keep Mariota from living in 3rd and 10!

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Based on what?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar