Titans Agree to Extension Terms with Finnegan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ubiq, Aug 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chem

Chem Camp Fodder

Finnegan got absolutely burned for multiple huge plays against the Chargers in the playoffs last year. I hope those were just "learning experiences" and miscommunication in a secondary working together for their first full year.

2. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

I remember two plays from him in that game. The INT in the end zone and the pass Jackson caught way behind him. I thought that was a miscomm. but I don't know.

3. Excellent move. It's only 4 years, but the contract is very reasonable and we don't have to worry about him hitting the free agent insanity any time soon.

4. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Let's hope he doesn't get any ideas from Steven Jackson..

5. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

I don't think Finny is that kind of guy. He's done all the right things (except for the DUI) and he seems to have a good head on his shoulders (I wish i could say that same things about you all :)) ).

6. Chem

Chem Camp Fodder

He also got burned on a couple of routes that were essentially 15 yard hooks or posts (I forget). He would stay tight on his man at the line and first 5-10 yards, then pass him off to... nobody. The "help" coverage wasn't anywhere near his man, and even worse, there was nobody in front of him for him to cover in replacement. Should have stuck with his man.

It's 15-20 yard gains like that which keep drives going no matter the down+distance and end up putting more points on the board. Our secondary just looked confused, and Finnegan was at the heart of it. SD really picked on him that day, actually. If he didn't have that INT in the endzone on a really long throw, he would have been the defensive goat of the day.

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Didn't expect this this early, but it was great to read "Titans extend Finnegan through 2011". We really are doing a great job of building a team and keeping our own. Eggcellent!

8. moose4now

moose4now Starter

At least he doesn't have Pacman's head on his shoulders. :brow:

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

This is a great signing. What helps is the Titans are re-establishing a culture of winning. That probably makes it easier to get players to sign extensions. I hope we see more of that. Haynesworth, Bironas...there's a good chance Bulluck and KVB could get another, Thornton, perhaps down the road. I was thinking of this earlier today while driving, before I heard the announcement about Finnegan.

Okay. Mike Reinfeldt fan club is officially open. Glinks acting president.

Next year: improve the CB position via FA and/or draft; get that #1 WR. That will be the cherry on top. I'm stoked to hold off on a WR for one more year, because we'll see who is worth an extension among McCareins, Williams and Jones, and we'll probably have a legitimate shot at the likes of a Roy Williams, Steve Smith, Chad Johnson, Anquan Boldin.

Feeling good about this year. After it, even the prima donnas will want to play for us. If I knew he wouldn't swing on a dude, like Finnegan, say, Steve Smith would be a tremendous benefit. I'd also love to have Boldin in our system.

10. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Titans CB Finnegan gets 2-year contract extension

The agent for cornerback Cortland Finnegan said Friday the Tennessee Titans cornerback has agreed to a two-year contract extension. More...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar