Titans Adding Option to Offense

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

he will look for the Pass first and then go for the run. unless it is an option or a qb sneak

2. ilincoln

ilincoln Camp Fodder

He will run very fast looking for a TE to bail it to as the speed of Pro Dfence looms ominously.... the wishbone and option are fun to to watch, but i dont see that doing much more then helping to draw the D up and trying to open up a receiver. GUT you are right on! the run and shoot was getting it done (what a blast to watch) and our D was Ok at home but would fall quickly on the road, we had a great stable of backs then, White might have a bigger impact then anyone else.

3. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

The Cowboys tried it a couple years ago w/ Quincy Carter. The actual QB holds until last minute and then pitches if he is about to get smeared or I guess if his hole closes but usually the QB get smeared by the LB on there side.

The players in the NFL are too quick and to smart for the option. In college you have 2 maybe 3 guys on a Defense with the awareness to read the option. Those guys make it to the NFL.

Option opens up Young for injuries and we all know how much help an injured QB is on our team. And probably the larger problem is chance for turnovers. It’s a live ball when it leaves the QBs hands and the DE, LB or CB have every right to the ball.

I see a Young, Brown, White split I being run with a direct snap to brown and the option formation moving to the opposite direction or misdirection like that but I doubt the option will make it past pre season.

4. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Sure you are not thinking about the delayed Draw? They use to love to run that with Lorenzo White but it did not involve Moon running down the line at all.

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

lets hope he looks at more than one WR before he takes off running. He won't last long running the ball before he is injured

6. Hawk

Hawk Camp Fodder

:wall: Again with the one read and run crap. That may have been true of his freshman year as he was learning on the fly, but it certainly was not true for last year or even most of his sophmore year. Never ceases to amaze me how one braindead idiot (Hoge) can spout crap like this and all of a sudden it is the gospel. Watch a friggin game! :grrr:

7. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

Dang dude cool it he's just voicing his opinion.:)) It may be a bad one but we have to deal with it.Don;t be so uptight.

8. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Hawk, I am always here. You don't like what I post don't read it. I don't go goo goo eyes over players like you do

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

this issue was revisited by Jeff.
    It is a common misconception, nothing more.

10. Sledge

Sledge Guest

i don't think the Titans will ever run the classic option. I think what you'll see from Vince is what we saw from Kordell in his slash days or Mike Vick's last year at VT. The plays will either be improvised or developped based on how the defense is setup. While VY won't call his own plays, I see the coaches give him the opportunity to freelance once in a while, with his feet of course

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar