Titans adding Mike Mularkey to staff

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Jan 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crypta333

crypta333 Starter

I hope this doesnt turn out to be one of those "too many chiefs, and not enough indians" situations.... you know kinda like what we had with Williams and Gray.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

I don't think whiz will allow that.

plus none of these guys are chiefs anymore...I mean seriously malarkey maybe could of got a oc job maybe. Horton is whiz's guy. as is this micheal guy. its not 2 people trying to do one job ala grey/Williams.

3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

It's different. Mularkey is a TE coach. Williams was "defensive assistant." I believe it would have been different if Williams or Gray was strictly a position coach.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Hiring your friends is fine if:

1. They're qualified
    2. You are willing to fire them if necessary

Munch did not meet either rule.

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

[​IMG]

Second year in a row we have had a former Bills HC on our coaching staff

6. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

We reported on Sunday that the Titans were hiring of Mike Mularkey as tight ends coach. The team made it official today with a press release.

Here are some comments from coach Ken Whisenhunt and Mularkey:

“Mike brings a wealth of experience, both as a coordinator and a head coach,” Whisenhunt said. “Selfishly, for me, he brings a lot to the table, having been in this situation before. There are things that I will use him for moving forward that will help us a team. He has had a lot of success in this league and we are lucky to have him.”

“I am excited to back in the league,” Mularkey said. “I took some time off for family time. I got a chance to do some things with them, which I haven’t gotten to do over the last 20 years of coaching. I am definitely excited to get back and excited to get back with Ken. We go way back in our relationship, back to when we were players in the NFL and even to college when he was at Georgia Tech and I was at Florida. We have been friends for a long time and we had an opportunity to work together in Pittsburgh and had some success there and hopefully I will help him have success here in Nashville. As a coach I am diligent about the details of every little thing. I am very big into making sure my guys are prepared and I really like them to know what is going to happen before it happens. With my background and knowledge as a player and coach, I can be a resource. I do love what I do and they will see that from me.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We sure aren't in any kind of hurry to do anything this offseason...

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Second year in a row we hire a former Bills head coach. Chan Gaily and Wade Philips are still out there.

9. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Frankly, I feel like a kid in a candy store with all the hires.

It's not the oilers coaching tree... This is actually a nice change for once... Long term head coaches are awesome when they are belichick or parcells... But we've been on the ghetto end of holding on too long.

Titans for a long time didn't know how to break up with their gf when she got stale... We would fight and claw and cry our way thru it instead of dumping the em... It's crazy

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Easier to suck it up and get the boring poon than it is to break up, go out, and find some strange.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar