Titans add veteran QB John Skelton

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Nov 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Is he still having rib problems? Might not be a good idea if he is.

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Hey, he went to Fordham. In the Bronx. So our street cred should improve.

3. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Can't be a worse idea than what weve already done all season.

4. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

The Titans signed John Skelton on Monday, but he don’t look for him on the field any time soon.

The plan is for Skelton to be the No. 3 quarterback, behind starter Ryan Fitzpatrick and backup Rusty Smith.

Skelton, who’s in his fourth NFL season, is expected to be inactive on Sunday against the Raiders.

“We thought we had a need just because the way quarterbacks get hurt,’’ coach Mike Munchak said. “Rusty will go in if anything happens to Fitz, but this allows us to have somebody else here learning our offense in case we have another injury.”

If Fitzpatrick and Smith are both injured in the game and Skelton is inactive, Munchak said the Titans would run a Wildcat-type offense possibly led by running backs Shonn Greene or Chris Johnson.

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

5. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Wouldn't that wildcat be fun to watch. I hope both get hurt. We aren't going to win anyway, so at least entertain me.

6. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

good point, this one reminds me of VY's last year though because things were actually looking good and went to crap so fast.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. peterm211

peterm211 Starter

John Skelton!? Finally I can sleep easier.

8. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

i remember that, we were 5-2 and VY was playing well then boom the redskins game happens and all the sh** in the world hits the fan!

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The Rifle remains on the cusp of greatness.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Best gofer in all of middle TN. He brings hot coffee every day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar