Titans Add Two Defensive Ends

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: With the future status of DEs Antwan Odom and Travis LaBoy uncertain, the Titans brought two DEs to camp yesterday. Former Seahawk and Cardinal Garrett McIntyre and Adam Roberts, who spent time on the Titans roster earlier this offseason, agreed to terms. The 6-3, 250 pound McIntyre was a walk on at Fresno State and was undrafted in this year's NFL Draft. He is known for being undersized but having a big first step and non-stop motor. Roberts is 6-2, 254 pounds was undrafted from Cincinnati and is also considered fast off the edge in scouting reports. He was mainly projected as a LB in a 34 defense.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Simple question...

Can either of them play the run? I don't care about the pass rush just that they get in the runningback's way.

So going into the first game our DEs will be KVB, schobel and one of these guys?

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

why don't we sign actual NFL veterens who are proven?

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think we'll see Reese pull in one or two after the first round of cuts. If Odom's knee is bad, he may start on the PUP and I don't know if Schobel is a sure thing if final cuts provide a better option.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

How about DT?

The fins signed dan wilkerson to a three year deal but i couldn't find the terms. A guy like that would have come in handy as well if the cost was reasonable because with him we could move starks outside on run downs.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I think Dan Wilkerson was 3 years for 3 million

Falcons signed Grady Jackson for 3 years.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

In the words of hammer, we got ta pray.

8. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

Might as well go find Gilbert Brown. He must be at around 410 these days.

9. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

Garrett McIntyre i've watched through his college career. Was very solid for us. How that translates to NFL is yet to be seen. Obviously the Cards and Seachickens didn't find a use for him, but I wish him the best of luck hope he makes the squad at least. Good to see these Fresno State players on the Titans. So far the players we've got from our fine school have played well. Lorenzo Neal and Billy V.

10. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Name a proven NFL veteran we could get right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar