Titans 4th Round Selection (#107): C Brian Schwenke

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Unless he starts at center right away (which I doubt), he'll need to be able to play guard.

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I think he is insurance for next year. In the event we do not keep Velasco for some reason.

3. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

A lot of you guys don't see this kid as an immediate starter, but I see him out performing in camp and taking the starting role. He is so fast off after the snap getting to his man. His pass protection could be improved, but he is head hunting on every run play. Does a really nice job in the Ohio game getting to the second level, sealing, and opening lanes.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Velasco has some competition that's for sure. I like this guys nastiness, with him and Warmack side-by-side it should be fun.

I never thought this guy would be available in the 4th, great value.

5. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

The Titans expect fourth-round pick Brian Schwenke to "put up a big fight" for the starting center job.
    The Titans reportedly "love" Schwenke's "nastiness" and his "ability," and they had him rated as the No. 1 center in the draft. Fernando Velasco is the incumbent starter, and he just signed his one-year, $2.023 million RFA tender. Pro Football Focus graded Velasco out as the league's No. 11 center in 2012, but his salary is not guaranteed. Schwenke should start no later than 2014.

Source: Nashville Tennessean
    Apr 29 - 7:05 PM​

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

This guy is better than the rapist beard guy the Cowboys reached for in the 1st. Bet they felt pretty dumb once #107 came around and we took the only center drafted since they took rapist beard at #31.

Oh Jerry.

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Lol Frederick is a good prospect tho not a first rounder. I had him graded at round 3... Cowboys! Lol

8. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

No one has a Schwenke as big as ours though.

• High Five High Five x 4
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Thank God. Velasco is in Amano territory, IDK how he grades out so high, must be some mistake.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Velasco would be a guy I would like too retain. Can play at a decent level at all three interior positions. With C clearly being his best. Even if he holds off Schwenke in 13 I doubt he will want too stay in Tennessee as a backup.

Hes gone in 2014 no matter what IMO. Another quality offseason move by the Titan FO

theme for 2013 should be 'No Excuses'

also its been a good long while since Ive bought a Titan player jersey. Just might have too get me an XL Schwenke

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar