Titans 40 times

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big TT, May 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

He actually traveled 40 yards in 4.16 seconds in this clip. I used it because you can clearly see that he doesn't start at full speed and accelerates. I timed again from when he already had momentum, and it was under 4 seconds. John Ross had a similar time when I tried the exercise with him, but it's difficult because not everyone runs in a straight line or at full speed. Not to mention we don't know if time is skewed on the video recording.

The guy directly behind him in chase ran a 4.6 at his pro day, and Davis made him look like a defensive lineman trying to keep up. I'd say he's plenty fast.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

and Byard is the one coming from Midfield, not covering him right?

3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

You do realize a CB coming downhill to force a tackle and a WR turning upfield are 2 people going in opposite directions right? Than it would be obvious that the one having to change direction to chase and run with someone who already had forward momentum doesn't likely stand a chance, right?

and here you are telling us that the guy covering Davis ran a pro-day 4.6(meaning combine 4.7), but yet you cry all day long when I talk about the scrubs covering Davis week in and week out making his 4.5 look astronomically faster than it is?

Fcking laughable man.

• Take a Chill Pill Take a Chill Pill x 1
  4. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

5. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

That's correct. I'm not sure he was even trying, but it's tough to take an angle on a guy with speed like that.

I can't emphasize how horrific his QB is. A wet noodle is much stronger than what that guys has.

6. Barnybyrd

Barnybyrd Starter

My bad, that was Quay Watt #22 giving chase. He runs a 4.6

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

How did you calculate when he crossed any line to figure out his 40 yards? By the time he runs the 40 yards, you are at a pretty sharp angle to guess when he actually crosses it. And timing players who are already moving is not a great indicator of actual speed. Sure the DB didn't track him down - which is good - but I wouldn't expect him to since Davis had at least a yard or so on him and was moving in the right direction before the DB. Short of them having the same speed or the db being faster, he shouldn't be close to catching him. Also, it's hard to assume effort or fresh legs or whatever.

As I said, Davis looks pretty fast...especially for his size but I don't see him running a 4.3. Watch the few games he's matched up against quality cb's and he's not blowing them away with his speed alone. He's certainly fast enough I think and if he can learn to improve his route running to NFL caliber, he'll be a big weapon for us this year. Height, length, speed, acceleration, route running and good hands is gonna be a great combination for us!

8. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I heard he ran 4.42 for titans in private workout week before draft. Also heard 4.45. No one knows for sure but he did run for the brass so only they know, my guess he is a 4.45 to 4.5 guy and with his size that is great! I still think mike williams is 4.6 4.7 guy. Did not want him

9. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

Source?

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Where did you 'hear' this from? Why do you 'think' Williams is a 4.6-4.7 guy when he ran 4.5's at his pro day?

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar