Titans 3rd Round Selection (#97): LB Zaviar Gooden

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FLA Titans Fan

FLA Titans Fan The GM

Id like to start the day off tomorrow by pull Thomas off the board. We need another LB who can generate a strong passrush. Very hard worker, man strength, high motor.... Pull the trigger!

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He may be "6'2" (aka 5'10) but watch him.

He looks/plays short.

3. XO

XO Nevada Native

He will be another one of our hybrid players.

OLB to SS to blitzing on pass downs.

4. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

i dont think he was as bad of a pick as u make him out to be. Looking at Okafor maybe there is a reason why he hasnt been picked up yet. Inconsistent, slow forty time

5. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

He measured 6'2" at the combine...he's not 5'10".

6. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Matt Elam is 5'10 210 and ran a slower 40. He got picked in the 1st round and was considered a top 3 safety. This guy has way better measurables.

Do you actually check guys out before you bash them or do you just decide you don't like the look of'em?

7. madeupdreams

madeupdreams Starter

The FO got tired of picking up DEs who can't consistently get to the quarterback and said, "Screw it! We'll just rush our linebackers all the time."

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

He has great closing speed and is always around the ball from what I see from all his highlights. He doesn't seem to be a hard hitting machine from what I see.

It will be interesting to see how we use him.

Oh well, the last pick of the 3rd round. Therefore I can't expect an A+ performance.

9. J Falk

J Falk Starter

I've been saying it all along. Ayers can't cover. He's a more natural D-end. This Gooden guy is great in coverage. He's Zach Brown 2.0. This move allows us to play Ayers more at D-end while getting a true 43 OLB who can actually cover. I love the pick..

10. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Hopefully we'll actually play Ayers more at DE then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar