Titans: 2RB's & $ CB's... ????????????

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by avespucci, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Carrying extra linebackers is in effort to keep special teams coverages from becoming liabilities. We don't use the 3rd RB anyways. Carrying 5 safeties is strange to me. I'd also keep an eye on the CB position. Can't ever have too many solid corners.

2. avespucci

avespucci Practice Squad

Totally agree.

At this point why don't we just list Fuller as a CB anyway?

IMO he's one of the best nickel corners in the league yet we continue to list him as a back up safety..

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Oh good a washed up running back who wont contribute anything ever. That's much better than signing a guy with upside and trying to add a new dimension to the offense, even if it does take a year or two.

When the Willie Parker or Samkon Gado jerseys come out I'll be first in line! :rolleyes:

4. avespucci

avespucci Practice Squad

Think you may be in the wrong thread. This is a discussion about our depth at these positions and what we may do about it.

5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

There has to be some kind of logic behind us keeping all those safeties. Just WTF is it though?

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Mouton doesn't count. He so bad that we would get picked apart if he had to play.

We are very thin at CB

Realistically we could re sign Gado any time we want. No a great option but serviceable if we were in a bind.

Teams in need can almost always pick up an average RB.

7. avespucci

avespucci Practice Squad

Seriously...

Without a shred of research I'm going to go on record as saying we're the first team in the history of the NFL to start the season with 4 CBs and 6 Safeties.

Unheard of...

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Did we just sign Julius Jones?

9. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

As of last night he was still a Seahawk backing up Forsett.

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Oh ok, I saw that we signed a former Cowboys RB, turned out to be a no-namer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar