Titans 2nd Round Selection (#34): WR Justin Hunter

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Assuming the Niners wouldn't have taken him at their pick.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Tank wouldn't have excited me. I think he has a terribly slow get off. Not much of a snap anticipation. Slow played like at least 70% of the snaps I watched. I didnt see it. Hunter has some sizzle. I expected a WR with his build but not til the later rounds. Hunter is by far a better prospect than any of the ones I looked at lol.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

For the UT fans on here. Was Hunter better than Patterson?

4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Different player. CP to me is a slightly bigger Percy Harvin talent. Hunter could be Aj green or randy moss.

5. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

Im glad Hunter is kinda ugly cause the hot players never seems to be that good.

6. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Hunter is, IMO, the best receiver in the draft. He doesn't have the athleticism of CP but makes up for it in sheer size and speed. He is also capable of learning a system and running routes, which CP can't, IMO.

The only reason he wasn't a top 5 pick can be summed up in one word: DROPS.

He dropped everything last year. But he will figure that out. I think it was just a focus thing.

I think he can be a vertical threat akin to Randy Moss. I think he will push Washington out of the starting lineup the second he walks in the door. I see allot of 3 receiver sets next year with 3 very different receivers with different roles.

Like I said, pumped about this pick.

7. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

The Titans are all too familiar with the challenges a wide receiver faces in recovering from a torn ACL after watching Kenny Britt struggle through a subpar 2012 season.

Wide receiver Justin Hunter, the Titans’ second-round draft pick, believes his issues are behind him after catching 73 passes for 1,083 yards during his junior year. He’d torn his ACL early in 2011, his sopohomore season.

“I feel I’m back to (100 percent) now. It’s been over a year,” Hunter said Saturday at Baptist Sports Park. “I had to work to get back to where I was.”

Hunter sounded as if he dealt with some of the same problems Britt dealt with last year.

“When I first got back, I didn’t run as fast as I did,” Hunter said. “It was wearing on me a lot. I needed my teammates to help me out.”

Did his recovery from the knee injury provide any lessons?

“Yeah, just not taking anything for granted, working and appreciating what God gave me,” Hunter said.

The Titans are hoping Hunter will be able to stretch the field next season, which Britt wasn’t able to do as much last year because of his knee problems. Tennessee lost another deep threat when Jared Cook signed with St. Louis during the offseason.

Maybe that’s why quarterback Jake Locker was quick to send Hunter a congratulatory text after the Titans drafted him on Friday.

“I just hope I can give him another option to throw to, just so he can get the ball out quick,” Hunter said.

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider

8. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Just happy it's his second year since he tore it. Usually this is the year they get back to full strength. Imagine this offense with Hunter and Britt at full strength. Could be scary. Can't wait for the season to start.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

ahh ****, must have been thinking someone else everyone wanted.

10. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar