Titans 2nd Round Selection (#34): WR Justin Hunter

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiLTex12

LiLTex12 Starter

LOVE this pick. You just don't know with Kenny, so adding a WR with the height...and speed to be a deep threat is something we desperately needed. Not only is that one heck of an option for Locker, it will open up under neath routes for Kendall if teams have to keep an extra defender back for Hunter and Nate.

I'm just amazed...and so thrilled at what our FO has a done this off season. We turned our offensive line completely around, we added some nice pieces to our defense, and now we trade up to grab a 4.36 6'4 WR that happened to fall into the second round somehow.

How anyone could be upset with this...is just beyond me. We went CB with our 3rd pick, and people who were throwing a fit begging for a CB with that pick are now finding new excuses just because the guy isn't a house hold name.

Went form having no guards, to a great LG in Andy and now a young stud in Warmack...I'm absolutely thrilled..

Easily one of the better off seasons in the NFL.

2. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

6'4, 4.4 second 40, 39 inch vertical. He's already a redzone threat.

Our plan this year was obviously to create a no excuses, no BS situation for both CJ and Locker. Now we have what could be a top 5 OL, a young solid and deep receiving corps, and a TE who can block. I'm very happy with his things are unfolding. We may jump 15-20 spots in overall time of possession next year. Ad that's what was losing us games.

3. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

Yup. We got a really nice kid today. Have met him multiple times... really good dude

4. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

I think the FO is relying on the young guys that they have drafted over the past few seasons to continue to devlop and get better. Brown, Ayers, McCarthy, Morgan, Martin, Casey, and even Wimbley. That's the only thing I can think is that they were just young and will get better.

5. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

Have not read all 15 pages and someone has likely said this, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how people say we gave up too much? 7th this year? Who the hell cares. 3rd next year to move up is what this amounts to. If they love this guy is a 3rd a year from now really "too" much?

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

Urban, my mistake, my old eyes thought you said they were similar because of stockpiling picks.
    I now concur with your statement.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I love the pick. Hunter will get over the mental errors. If Britt is really healthy, then all of our top WRs are pretty fast, and even our depth is made of 4.5 or better guys. Our WR corps could be BEAST. Plus, a 3rd next year is valued at a 4th this year. It's a good deal for a player that was projected as a 1st rounder. People know Hunter is capable of HUGE YPC, right? There's your funtional Mike Wallace-role, for less, folks, with even more potential, due to his height and leaping ability.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

No excuses for Locker now, he wins next year or he's out.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I generally dislike WRs from UT... at least over the past 5-10 years. I really like Hunter though.

I have no bias to UT.

10. Carp

Carp Starter

I think we shouldn't discount the possibility of trading Nate for a 5-6 rounder this or next yr. May be even simply a conditional pick pick for 2014 that could turn into 4th depending on games played, or receptions, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar