Titans 2nd QB : Collins vs. Leftwich

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Sep 2, 2007.

?
  1. Collins

68.0%
  2. Leftwich

32.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Hmm... I'd rather have Garrard.

but that's not the question...

I guess you can put me down for Collins. He looks a lot better than he did a year ago.

2. V-MAN

V-MAN I still believe

Collins....Because he has been with us a year..

Nothing against Leftwich.

3. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

uhh...leftwich. When you culd have a top 20 QB be your backup, you got pretty good depth.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

yeah. that was kind of my reasoning. Collins work last year can't really be considered a true reflection of what he can do now. Not that the guy is some kind of dynamo... also, Collins won't get allusions of a starting job. He would know his role better. I am puzzled however that we would bring Byron in to talk.

Pehaps it will be something like this:

Coach Fisher: Glad you could make it Byron. Now please get out your playbook and put it on the table.

Byron: okay coach.

Coach Fisher: That is all. :wave:

5. teegee

teegee Guest

Leftwich isn't going to want to come to a team where he has no shot at starting. Collins is better suited as the backup, because he knows his role, and -- although might still want to start -- accepts the role without complaint.

Besides that, IMO Collins is the better QB. Leftwich has never thrown for more than 15 TD in a season since he's been in the NFL, nor has he ever won more than 8 games in a season as a starter. In 4 years, he's played in one playoff game. I liked him in college, but to me, he's never really been all that impressive as a pro.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Why all the love for Leftwich anyway. He has done squat in this league, is a bust and on top of that he can't stay healthy.

7. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Collins.

There's no need to upset Vince at this point.

8. reo

reo Starter

not that i think we'll sign him but he's not starting anywhere he goes. its too close to the season. everyone already has their starters set and it'd take too long for him to learn the playbook to start w/. and if it ended as badly as they say it did in jax then i wouldn't be surprised at all if he signed w/ us for a year.

9. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Wait. uhhhhhhh. Leftwhich? Wtf? When did his name ever come up? Don't tell me were looking at him..

Well.. If we are... I still might have to go with KFC. But id be more comfortable with Lwftwhich if he ever had to come in for VY.

10. reo

reo Starter

there have been rumors that he wants to come to Ten. actually there have been rumors that he's otw for a visit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar