Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Titans 1st Round Selection (#10): G Chance Warmack

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 25, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 13 users.
  1. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $13,326
    So... you're basically telling me you don't know who Larry Warford is WHILE insulting MY football intelligence?

That's rich.

And yes. Played through my Soph year, John Clayton.
    cdubbs2121 high fives this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

Hunter
    Moolah:
    $3,355
    I Love Warmack Pick! CJ1.5K plus The skinny child of Lendale in Greene
    titantrusince82 high fives this.
  2. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $13,326
    2nd best?

Milliner isn't worth a 1st round pick either.

That's the best thing I can say about this pick: At least it wasn't Milliner.
    ByeByeFisher and Fry high five this.
  3. Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

McNair 2
    Moolah:
    $6,071
    I wanted Cooper more than Warmack but with the way things shook out I'm good with this pick. It was nice to have the option of Star, Floyd and Warmack. Taking Chance over those 2 guys tells me where Ruston and Co.'s thinking is.
  4. titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Casey
    Moolah:
    $6,729
    Andy is more of a technician. Chance is more of a beast.... We needed someone to set a presence on our line with Mawae long gone and Stewy getting up there in age. He can do that, and do it extremely well. Plus he graded out as a top player in the draft as well.

In the end, we now have 5 excellent linemen again, a nice 2 back punch, and some nice weapons at WR/TE. If Lock isn't the guy, the next year QB will have a great team to settle into.

I actually didn't really want a DT just because I really believe Casey/Mike are great and just needed a bigger body beside them to help them out. And I didn't think anyone other than Ziggy could give us something we couldn't get out of Wimbley/Ayers @ DE and Brown at LB...

Great Pick! He was the best player there and fills a pretty big need as well....
    ScotTitan, Deuce Wayne and CJtheBeast high five this.
  5. Big TT Pro Bowler

Klug
    Moolah:
    $9,202
    OK...Our line SUCKED last year. Now you have a legit line, NO excuses for not having a great running game again. Was it safe, sure. Draft a guy like that and he is playing for you for 10 years making running lanes. Safe is good sometimes, better than reaching and busting...want to go over that list the last 5 years of titans drafts with me? I didn't think so. Great Pick
    Riverman and nytitaner high five this.
  6. TitansWrath Starter

Locker
    Moolah:
    $187

I don't dislike Warmack as a player. He should be good to great until he leaves for more money.

What I hate is the squandered opportunity to find a real difference maker. The difference in talent in playmaker on d is much wider between first and second round than for guards.

And sure, let's take a freaking center later. Let's take a couple of fullback and blocking tens, and run the freaking single wing. Squander all our picks pretending this is the 1970s.
    Deuce Wayne high fives this.
  7. Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $7,965
    I somebody mad?

[IMG]
  8. UrbanLegend3 Starter

Hunter
    Moolah:
    $9,549
    I respect your opinions but I would like to hear you explain how Warford is as good as Cooper/Warmack. The drop-off is bigger than people think. Guards don't usually go this high but Cooper/Warmack are extraordinary. Warford will go where ordinary guards go.
    acqua7 and Fairweather Fan high five this.
  9. titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Wycheck
    Moolah:
    $9,185
    Finicky ass titan fans. This pick is going to be the final nail in the coffin for Eugene.
    Alex1939, SawdustMan, Obie09 and 1 other person high five this.