Titans 1st Round Selection (#10): G Chance Warmack

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

That's what got us in this predicament to begin with.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

CJ isn't who he once was but he's totally out-produced Britt just because he's stayed healthy.

Britt won't be the team's top playmaker unless he stays on the field to make plays.

Oh, and Warmack's blocking will hopefully keep Locker healthy and give him more time to hit Kenny—if and when he's productive again.

3. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Wrong. They didn't have talent before. Roos was the highest pick used on a lineman recently. The rest were mid round guys and Fisher/GM had the final call not Munch or Matthews. Ever hear the phrase you can only polish turd so much? They had to play Harris we had no one else and nobody would have guess Hutch would turn into a big softy over night.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

lol, I wish Warmack flashed the belly.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Chance Warmack figures he’ll have to make at least a couple of adjustments as he transitions from the college to the pro ranks.

For starters, the Titans’ first-round draft pick will be switching from left guard – the position he played at Alabama – to right guard. The Titans already have free-agent signee Andy Levitre penciled in as the starting left guard.

“I feel like it will be naturally better for me to play right guard because that’s what I was playing coming out of high school going into college, so going back into that situation is actually going to be good for me,” Warmack said.

Titans coach Mike Munchak says he doesn’t see the switch posing much of a problem for Warmack, who was the 10th overall pick on Thursday.

“A lot of times you’re right-handed (as a team) … that’s where you want the point of attack, a lot of times, on the right side,” Munchak said. “To me, he could play left or right guard, it doesn’t matter. It just so happens that he’s the best fit (for the team) on the right side.

“He can pull and do all the things we’re going to ask the left guard to do. We’re going to have to pull a lot at right guard also, so the guards do the same thing.

“Sometimes the matchups are a little different. But I think he’s a guy that matches up well with any size player he’s going to play against. He’s shown that in college and he’ll see the same thing on this level as he saw in the SEC.”

Warmack said he’d like to work on his pass-blocking.

“I think my run-blocking is a little better than my pass-blocking,” he said. “I think I’m naturally good at that. That’s what I do. But you can always get better at that. Pass-blocking just depends on what the scheme is, and you just have to learn what you’re supposed to do and not to do when it comes to pass-blocking.”

Warmack couldn’t ask for better teachers than a pair of Hall of Fame guards – Munchak and offensive line coach Bruce Matthews.

“I feel like I can grow as a player and learn under some of the best to play the position,” Warmack said. “I’m not saying that because he’s right next to me. It’s a dream for a guy like me to learn under guys that played my position and know what’s hard and what’s easy, and just to speak from a guard’s perspective.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Draft, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

SEC SEC SEC

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Oh jesus​

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

JJ Watt didn't play in the SEC...

start adjusting.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Really? Munch is absolutely to blame for the crap offensive line the Titans have had the last two and a half years. I remember his introductory press conference when he was hired as the head coach. He said this offensive line is good enough to win a Super Bowl.

Well, obviously coming from the offensive side, just like I just said, I think we’re very strong—again, I don’t want to go into personnel at all, especially on the defensive side because I haven’t really evaluated the guys like I normally would or like I will going forward. But obviously we started out 5-2 for a reason. There’s obviously people here we can win games with. We were thought of as one of the best teams in the league, I think, early in the season, the first half of the season. We came off a 13-3, and then last year we made the recovery from the bad start, so there’s people here that can make plays. We’ve had some good drafts, especially on special teams, it was a huge plus last year what we were able to do there. I think there’s a lot of good things in place, and like I’ve been saying about the organization, just like the coaches, I’ve got to find a way to fit in the right guys to get where we want to get. Just like the personnel, same thing. We have some spots that we have to fit in. Obviously on the offensive side we know exactly what it is. But I think, like my offensive line, there’s no reason with the group you have right there, there’s no reason we can’t win a Super Bowl with that offensive line. That kind of thing. You have people in place that we should be able to play well with. We have a pretty good running back, right, that can make a lot of plays. We’ve just got to put him in position to let him do that

Yeah, my ass, Munch.

10. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I feel injuries hurt us a lot on the O-Line. Can't blame it all on Munch but definitely last season. We should've known from the previous season we needed to upgrade the line but didn't.

I'll def give Munch a pass on that though. He probably felt confident that him and Mathews could coach up whatever talent they had.

I just don't see O-Line problems this season unless we catch the injury bug again. Even though Warmack is unproven, every other person on the line is solid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar