Titans 1st Round Selection (#10): G Chance Warmack

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Agreed they aren't a must. But when this draft had guys with so many question marks why not take the guy who you know what you are getting?

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

That's why none of them would have been starting, regardless of this pick. Levitre at LG, Velasco playing full-time at center instead of flipping back and forth in-game, and either Turner, Spencer or a mid-round draft pick at RG.

This pick is an overreaction to all the injuries we had in the interior last year and the poor mismanagement of the 2012 offseason. It's almost like they're saying, "Oh yeah? We screwed it up last year? WELL NOT THIS TIME!" $67 million for Andy Levitre who's a very good guard, but not great and a top ten pick on another. It's overkill.

It's unfortunate that we're going to be right back in this position next year with offensive tackle. Mike Roos and David Stewart have voidable years in the final year of their contracts after next season, and frankly I doubt we extend both of them because their play has dipped.

Our offensive line is anything but set in stone.

3. J Falk

J Falk Starter

I also stand corrected...did not see our FO going this direction. I like it though. 2nd round predictions??? I say either Jonathan Banks, Margus Hunt or David Amerson

4. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I think we extend Roos this offseason and I would guess that we use the depth in this draft to try and find a RT to replace Stewart in the 4th or 5th rnd this yr, just like Stewart was a 4th rnder.

Our FO totally screwed up last year in not addressing the interior OL. We all knew we were in trouble even before the injury bug hit us.

You can not say that Warmack was a reach at #10. He was solid value at a position of need. We let the draft come to us and took who was the best guy on the board. I look forward to the idea that on a 2nd and 4 we migth actually be able to pound the ball 2 times in a row to get an easy first down without having to worry too much.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

This is one of the weakest drafts in a long time. I think there are a lot of overrated players and guys who are boom or bust. We got a guy who will boom. It's now on Jake and CJ. In my opinion I don't think there are any superstar defensive lineman in this draft except for maybe Star but that heart thing is scary. I don't think this is an overreaction at all. They filled a need. Everyone wanted Tennessee to take DeCastro last year and now we got a better guard and people hate the pick? You can't sit here and tell me that anyone of those defensive players WILL pan out, but I can say that for Warmack. It was a great pick and makes our offense a lot better. (If Jake figures it out)

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I didn't want DeCastro last year either :D

Why is one any more certain than the other? I think Kenny Vaccaro is just as good a lock to be a special player as Warmack, and he'd make a lot more plays too.

7. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

I had Vaccaro on my wish list behind Warmack, Star, and Floyd. I wouldn't have been upset with that pick, but I did see Vaccaro look really bad in some games this year. He has potential and I think would be an upgrade over what we had last year. He has the tendency to try and tackle like Griffin and use his arms and stand straight up. A lot more question marks than Warmack had. Vaccaro to me could end up being just like Griffin.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Alright guys we took Warmack, now we just have to process that he's actually on the team. Our OL is set, only picks at the position now should be an OT later that we can try and develop. Warmack will come right in and start at RG and is the most talented OG in a draft in the past few years. He's closest thing to a lock as you can get, CJ and Locker should be jumping for joy right now. I can't disagree with the pick, it's arguably our biggest need and the best guy was there to fill the position. Mingo and Milliner were already gone and we were content with the DT's we already have on the roster or else we would've went Floyd or Star.

I am a little upset though. It seems like we're moving to this power run style of play with the bolstering of our line and the signing of Walker and Greene. I wish Webster was our GM earlier cause now it feels like Locker was a waste of a pick at 8 unless this staff can utilize him to his strengths. That's not a knock on Locker but more of what we're trying to do now doesn't really require a QB drafted in the top 10 if we're just going to pound the ball but he better be ready to step up. Our offense needs to eat clock, pick up first downs, and not turn the ball over. Now if we can improve our defense a bit with another pass rusher (please Jesus let Tank fall a few more spots) and snag a CB then we should be well on our way to playoff contention. Titans staff are in win now mode since their jobs are on the line so no one can be really surprised by this. Looks like we're trying to get back to our successful days of some smash and dash and a talented defense with Williams.

Again, would rather go Rhodes (especially him in Williams defense *drools*) or Trufant but I'm not going to complain anymore. Warmack was still a very good pick and is going to do wonders for the run game and help keep Locker standing up in the pocket, can't ask for much more. Let's go have sweet dreams of Warmack's belly and get ready for tomorrow.

9. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

Considering who was available when we picked, I kind of like it. Although I still think #10 for a OG is too high. Luckily there should be a nice DE or WR available when we pick in Rd #2. I am hoping for Carradine, Hunt, Allen or Hunter.
    CJ should be drooling right about now, because the Titans put together one of the best O-lines in the NFL...at least on paper for now.

10. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

True. I was glad that Jordan, Mingo and Milliner where gone by the time we picked. Warmack at least is a very safe pick and he will start from day one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar