Titans 1st Round Selection (#10): G Chance Warmack

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I think the pick continues with the theme of the offseason which is getting tougher. Our defense has gained attitude with the addition of Greg Williams and Pollard. The offense now has a bruising RB in Greene and an OL with a new attitude. Warmack will help bring the nastiness back to Stewart's game as well. I'm not going to be as worried about picking up the 3rd and 2 as I was last year. Hell last yr 3rd and 2 was almost a passing down to us because of how poor we were in short yardage situations. That puts a bunch of pressure on a young QB.

2. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

3. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Least important position on the field? What? Offensive line is one of the most important positions on the field. If the QB doesn't have time to throw it doesn't matter how good he is. Same with running backs. That then affects the defense because they offense can't stay on the field and the defense has to play the whole game while the offense watches the game. The game is won in the trenches.

4. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Steve McNair and Eddie George were difference makers.. how many championships do they have??

5. XO

XO Nevada Native

No they weren't

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

It is collectively, but guard in and of itself is the least important. Having five guys who are less talented but play well together is good enough to win a Super Bowl. You don't need elite guards.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

If both of those guys were as good at their positions as Bruce and Munch were at theirs this franchise would have a ring or two.

Hall of Fame guards aren't a must.

8. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

McNair won co-MVP. How is that not a difference maker?

9. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Yes, but its very clear that our guys weren't playing together well last year. Yes we had injuries but our line needed help bad. Warmack is a sure thing those defensive guys weren't. I wouldn't have been upset with Star or Floyd but I really wanted Warmack he helps this team on offense and that will (hopefully) help the defense. We still need Locker and CJ to step up

10. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Our interior line has been our biggest weakness for years. I'm pumped about Chance. And he's going to work his ass off every day to be the best G in the NFL. Least important position my ass. Pressure up the middle is the most disruptive thing an offense can contend with. CJ want have LB hitting him in the backfield every play anymore.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar