Titans 1st Round Selection (#10): G Chance Warmack

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I'm okay with the Warmack pick, was just hoping we took a risk with a defensive player.

I can see the reasoning, OG might be our biggest hole. The FO probably doesn't see DT as a need and there wasn't a DE available to take worthy of the 10th so who did we really have left? Rhodes or Trufant but that's it.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Why? Because the two hall of fame guards we've had played in a combined one Super Bowl with zero championships to show for it? Yeah, you're right.

4. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

How do rookies lineman normally fair down in the trenches playing with the big boys?

Is that like a WNBA player playing in the NBA? Or a small college football team vs a team in the SEC?

5. Fry

I was firmly in the DB camp. Vaccaro, Trufant or Hayden would have been great picks. After we took Warmack I was a crushed a little more each time watching DBs go off the board because I was hoping for a wealth of talented guys being available in the second. Ain't happening now.

6. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

The problem is we dont have a hole there. Verner and JMC are solid. The coaches like Sens and with us playing 3 safties not a big hole. RG....we had no one. Now we have one of the best in the league. There is plenty of value left for us in the 2-3 in Banks, Slay and the guy from Boise St. I still think we go DE with 2. Im hoping Slay drops to us in the third

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Fry

How do we not have a hole there? Verner is average on the outside and needs to move back to the slot. Verner is also a free agent after this season and we don't have a replacement on the roster.

Picking a boundary corner strengthens two spots with one pick; improved play at right corner and nickel when Verner moves inside.

8. Oceanic815

Oceanic815 Starter

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I would've rather went Trufant or Rhodes, then go OG in the 2nd or 3rd.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

By the fact that we have someone, anyone, there. Verner did play above average last yr. The difference between top and second level CB is a lot smaller than Gs. A lot of people had Warmak as top 5 player and draft

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar