Titans 1st Round Selection (#10): G Chance Warmack

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

So wait, 5 out of the top 10 and 6 of the top 11 were all offensive lineman, and people are bitching that we took one?

I wanted Cooper, but Warmack is good by me.

2. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. j_titan

j_titan Special Teams Standout

I said give him a CHANCE and go WARMACK!!!

A+ plus pick in my book. Now I am awaiting the arrival of CJ2K...

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

"Sooo many OL were taken in the first round so IT MAKES SENSE THAT WE DID IT TOO!"

-- that's what I'm hearing. And sure. I suppose that's logical.

I prefer to have my own thoughts, opinions, and analysis but if I hated thinking for myself- I'd agree.

OL just isn't 1st round worthy to me. Ever.

It's an important position, but one that can be taken care of via FA. 1st round draft picks should be difference makers. Not "solid players".

Thing is, with guards... they can be great, but it doesnt really translate the same as skill players.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Right there.

I'd rather strike out swinging for the fences than take the least important position on field in the top ten.

This organization screwed the pooch in the first round the last two years. Should have taken a guard at 21 last year when the value was there and taken a difference maker at 10 this season.

6. Carp

Carp Starter

Uh, no we couldn't have. Warmack immediately takes over and will be a top guard in the league. No G in the 2nd or 3rd is a virtual lock to give you that. We could have a got a "capable" guard in those rounds, but no one on Warmack's level.

7. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

I love it, so if we like the pick, we just can't think for ourselves. What an ass you can be DW.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Does having an "elite" guard make that much of a difference? How many Super Bowls did Steve Hutchinson win playing next to Walter Jones? Zero. That's two of the best offensive linemen at their positions ever, not winning a championship on the same team with Shaun Alexander running behind them.

9. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Wait, so because my thoughts aligned with NFL GM's thoughts, that means I can't think for myself?

That could be the most moronic post you've ever made.

The Titans didn't follow the trend of picking an O linemen in the first round. They picked what they thought was the best player available, and the rest of the first round proved their thinking right.

Warmack will vastly improve the worst unit of our team, last year. He was the correct pick.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

As a supposed fan of the Tennessee Titans, the answer to this question should be intuitively obvious.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar