Titans 1st Round Pick

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titan_fan_4ever, Apr 6, 2014.

?

And the Titans select....

1. DT Donald

5 vote(s)
    12.8%
  2. LB Barr

15 vote(s)
    38.5%
  3. CB Gilbert

2 vote(s)
    5.1%
  4. CB Dennard

2 vote(s)
    5.1%
  5. WR Evans

3 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. QB TB

9 vote(s)
    23.1%
  7. QB Carr

3 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Draft is about a month away, some things can still change. But, I think for the most part things have played out.

Based on what I've seen teams doing, I feel it is safe to assume some of these players will be available when we pick. If you were GM, who would you choose?
  2. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Johnny Football.

I would be ok with Evans/Dennard/Donald if we don't go QB though

I do hate the idea of CB in the first but if we do go that route it better be Dennard. So much better than Gilbert but Ruston loves speed so....
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

My favorite prospect is Aaron Donald, but he compares too much to Jurrell Casey for me to believe we go that route at 11.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  4. 615nick

615nick Special Teams Standout

Where is johnny on this list?

1.manziel
    2. tb
    3. barr
    4. donald

If all four are gone try like hell to trade back
  5. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Why would it be a bad thing to have two Jurrell Casey's? That like saying don't draft a really good player cause we already have a really good player. Seems more Geno Atkins to me then Casey.
  6. JCBRAVE

I still see Morgan as a DE in most packages. And Mike Martin is the same mold as Donald, its time he breaks out for us.

I mean how many 6'1" 3-technique DLinemen do we need? Dont forget Klug is also similar in that sense.

If we take Donald horray! But I see QB, RB, ILB, and CB as bigger needs than a 4th DT/DE type.
  7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I selected Barr because that's who I think the Titans would draft right now but I'm hoping for Gilbert.
  8. xhrr

xhrr Starter

I have a ton of trouble seeing where Morgan fits. The coaching staff has a boner for him though so I know he will be on the field. Martin I had big expectations for after his rookie year I'm hoping that last year was just a sophomore slump cause I really like the guy but that shouldn't stop us from taking Donald if we have him as the BPA. Klug is on the bubble right now I think he gets cut. Trust me I'm all for QB if one we like is there.
  9. JCBRAVE

I heard a radio interview with our LB coach last week, he was very vauge with Morgans role as a LB, made it seem like hed possibly be in both LB and DL meeting rooms. So his role is role is totally unknown ATM.
  10. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

I didn't put J Football or Bortles b/c I don't think they will be there @ 11.​
    I selected Barr but I'm also bit worried about him tbh, I really feel he could be just a slightly better version of Ayers, which isn't saying much.​
    I've been extremely harsh on Ayers, and who knows, maybe he surprises us in the 3-4 look that he was more suited for all along.​
    If TB is there at 11, I'd be very happy if we took him. If he is there, I can also see us trying to dangle the pick, if some team really likes him, I can see them trading probably too much to get him - so I wouldn't mind that.​