Titans 1st Round pick (2nd part of poll)

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by PatS4, Apr 8, 2009.

?
  1. F. MOALA DT USC

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  2. B. CUSHING OLB USC

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  3. J. LAURINAITIS ILB OSU

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. B. PETTIGREW TE OK ST

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  5. M. JOHNSON DE GEO TECH

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  6. E. BRITTON OT ARIZ

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. L. ENGLISH OLB NO ILL

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C. SINTIM OLB VIR

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  9. W. BEATTY OT UCONN

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. J. MEREDITH OT SO CAR

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatS4

PatS4 Cheesehead

Here are the 2nd ten to choose from.
    More of a "BPA" here, the other 10 are
    more postions of need.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

No offense, but I think there's as much chance the Titans' pick isn't on your list as much as it is. Well, more like, you could reduce it. You've got the CBs and WRs pretty right, and that's most likely what the Titans will draft first, odds-wise, but drafting an OT is waaay off. We just extended our young bookend tackles for the next six years. Roos and Stewart -- Roos just went to the pro bowl. I know this is the year of "Get A Tackle While You Need One or Two" but the two we just drafted in 2005 will be here through 2014. We won't take one even if it's "BPA."

Those who say you should add Alex Mack or Max Unger are correct. We would address C or G before OT. Alex Mack is more likely because pro bowl center Kevin Mawae is in his last year.

Then there's the 2nd round types we might consider in the first. You've got a few -- I just think the wrong ones. Jarron Gilbert, who the Steelers could take at 32, Brian Robiskie, in case all the other receivers are gone, Conner Barwin (versatile, like Chris Johnson or Michael Griffin), Jared Cook (a 4.5 TE went #30 last year, too), Lawrence Sidbury maaaybe.

They really won't draft Sintim in one. Well, as to any LB, the only kind they'd draft in the first is a three-down linebacker. Bulluck was the last. Laurinaitis isn't, and I doubt Cushing is, but they might take him if he fell. Matthews is the most likely.

Seriously, though. I'm not trying to be down. Thanks for thinking of us!

3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I went with James Lauranitis. He's a versatile guy who can play inside and outside. I just hope he's there when we pick. If not, then CB is my 2nd option.

4. some chris js

some chris js touchdown titans

we don't need another center, we have a beast in leroy harris. he did an adequate job coming in for his first start for mawae against the raven playoff game, and aside from two jumpy snaps (which none of them were fumbled) he handled himself very well and he looks like the future center. he's mawae but 30lbs heavier.

oh and this poll needs more players lol. i hope we go big DT like ron brace round one and replace haynesworth. yes, we did get jovan haye but he is more of a rotational DT. Currently, none of our DT's check in above 300lbs and please don't tell me jason jones is going to play DT full time, he should just stay at DE, occasionally coming in at DT.

or draft a cb, we're pretty thin at cb if harper goes out again.

go titans

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

There's not a guy on that list that we'd pick.

Neither of the D line players in your poll are even close to being 1st round picks.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The lists make no sense there are guys we have no chance in hell of getting and guys that might not be wirth taking in rd 2.

Please a more refined list.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Depending on the Titans plans for Bulluck, I don't see an OLB as that far a reach.

8. PatS4

PatS4 Cheesehead

This list is more of A BPA list rather than a "need" list for the Titans.
    Almost no way I would draft one of these guys for you!!

Looks like its, between Nicks and A.Smith on the other poll.

I'll be picking around 6pm CDT.

9. llr7

llr7 Guest

i saw on espn that position of need for titans was wr . cb. and olb so i say cb with 30th pick and i saw last night they were lookng at rb from michigan state already been in for a visit.

10. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

OT is totally out in round one we have 2 very good and long term signed tackles. Surely it is a cb or a wr but TE would not be a shocker we seem to do that every year

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar