Titans 1st pick: DE Carlos Dunlap

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titans News, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Amen! Everyone is so enamored by Dunlap's size and speed but he hasn't done . I could name five DE off the top of my head I would take before Dunlap.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Please please please God, don't let us draft another workout warrior i.e. Calico. We need football players like Kenny Britt, and our other recent top picks. Worry about the measurables after their play catches your attention.

3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I haven't seen enough of the kid to make a judgment but if we're wanting him just because he puts up good workout #s, then I say pass.

IF he's the real deal at DE then give him a nice long look. I won't rule out any prospect at this point. It's still too early. I'm ready for the Combine already. I miss football. Basketball and baseball just ain't gonna cut it.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Workout warrior like Calico? Calico wasn't a workout warrior.

He was a 6'4 WR with blazing speed- that showed a LOT of potential up until having his career killed by Roy Williams.

Now Chris Henry... there's a workout warrior.

5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Nice. This is way true. I still hate Roy Williams for that. Calico coulda really been a star for us. Henry can't see for s...

6. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

yeah god -4.34 speed too - he had such potential and was actually finally coming together and all in the last year and that preseason was playing great

.....then Roy Williams screwed up his knees - esp his ACLs - beyond return (in a freaking preseason game too) and it went all downhill from there

F u roy

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

WTF he is not just a workout guy he was a damn good player. He had 9 sacks in each of the last 2 seasons and averaged 35 tackles. How far did you have to travel to find that?

He has the size and speed to play any position in our defensive line. He shares similar characteristics with Jason Jones and William hayes but is bigger than Jones and might be faster than Hayes.

Florida's system asked a lot of him and he delivered. He was not ever a 3-4 OLB pass rusher he played both inside and outside.

He plays every line position in this video and plays well and pursues all over the field. He is a perfect match for what we do up front.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6LB9TfCJdZo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6LB9TfCJdZo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

8. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

He takes way too many plays off. I have no interest in a DE who disappears for long stretches. We need a guy who will play every down as hard as he can.

Dunlap better not be the pick.

9. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

what about that video impressed you? His pursuit is slow motion he shows no extra gear.

10. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Yeah, that video is far from impressive. He looks slow and disinterested on many of the plays.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar