Titans 1st pick: DE Carlos Dunlap

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titans News, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I called someone an idiot?

Are you talking about me calling Tebow or Vince Young an idiot?

Search: Backbone on ebay, and see what you can get.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O3-vKVByQwo&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O3-vKVByQwo&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

40 yards at the Florida pro day.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I think there's no doubt that if he weren't:

Lazy.
    A moron.

That he'd be a GREAT prospect.

however, he is both of the above. He seems like he'd hang out with PacMan.

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

You won't find anyone who thinks he doesn't have awesome talent...but where is it on a play by play basis? His ability to block some punts/fg's shows his talent. And in some big games, he has come up huge! But didn't he get his DWI just before a HUGE game? I am a Gator fan and watch a lot of their games. I know based on Dunlap's side/speed potential he could be a 1st rnd pick, but in most games you'd think Cunningham's the better prospect just watching the games. It appeared that Dunlap got quite a few of his sacks when Cunningham forced the QB up inside and Dunlap (playing DT or stunting inside) got the sack. Of course Cunningham doesn't have his upside, but if a 3rd rnd talent is outplaying a 1st rnd talent, that's a problem.

Also, reports from the combine were that he did not interview well and that virtually no team had him as a first rnd pick. of course, some of that could be gamesmanship but Dunlap doesn't appear to have the motor or passion as much as the players ahead of him and doesn't appear to have as much determination as he needs to, let alone how much you'd want him to have.

I think he drops to round 2 (or worse). I seriously doubt any team would take him in the top half of the first rnd. He has bust written all over him...at least in the sense that he probably will never live up to his talent or hype though he might be a solid player that teases but doesn't deliver (think haynesworth before his dominant years). He could also flat out bust.

Just say no...

Gut

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...

I think the Ravens are much more likely to take a Hughes, Kindle, Graham or Thomas/Wilson/Mays or...if there payers are answered...Dez Bryant. Dunlap doesn't fit there scheme because at 277 he's too light to really play DE in a 3-4 and he's not refined enough to be a terror off the edge...at least not IMO. He could be with a great attitude adjustment and great coaching...but you could say that about almost anyone.

I like Washburn, but if the self motivation isn't there on Dunlap's part...it won't matter. How long did it take before AH broke out?

He's 255lbs...which is 5 lbs heavier than Ford. While I think hughes can probably add 5lbs, he'd probably play at 255lbs...which is what Jevon Kearse played at and was more than fine. Mathis weighs 245lbs and is also about the same height. It's not ideal, but like Mathis, he's HARD to run block out of a play. He also has ELITE cod skills...even compared to a CB. Most DL don't. Hughes also has 33" arm length which is fine for a DE (and LONG for his height).

True, but it hasn't hurt him yet.

He can do anything he wants...unfortunately, he doesn't really WANT to. Which is why I would not take him in rnd 1.

Gut

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What reports? You saw the pro day press conference what question did he not answer well?

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8458

Ford is listed at 6'4 256. Hughes is just under 6'2 255.

Ford is actually the slightly bigger guy and has not proven himself to be an every down DE yet. Maybe this year.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

9. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I like Ford and can see him really stepping it up this year.

10. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Love Hughes he has a ton of pass rush moves, violent hands, good instincts, and a good motor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar