Titans 1st 4 rounds/1.0

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Playmaker, Mar 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

You would draft a player when you are 99.9% sure he's going to be suspended under the steroids and related substances policy? Thank god you're not the GM. Or a doctor, since you clearly have no reliable evidence at all that he's on HGH.

Gholston isn't going to fall to us, sadly. He should be a great player, but not on the Titans.

2. UVATitan

UVATitan Camp Fodder

I am fine going CB/DE in the first but given our past experience in the CB market am weary of making that bet again. I think we can get a WR in round 2 and could actually find a DE fall that far (Chris Ellis from VT). I think that given how we finish out the FA period let us decide based on who is available who is the best to go with in rounds 1 and 2. I feel we need to address a WR in one of those, and a DE would be nice.

3. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

If Phillip Merling and Groves are there who do you take?

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I'd take Groves just because he is such an X-Factor on defense.

5. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I'll take your word on it since you are an Auburn fan and have a good idea of how good he is and projects.

Does he have the frame to bulk up though?

How did he do versus the run?

Is he a good kid any problems in college?

6. The Playmaker

Yes he can bulk up. He's right now 6"3 250.

He can play the run. I saw him in person against Clemson in the Chick-fil-A bowl and almost single handly stopped Davis/Spiller. A very quick DE which is why some think he can play OLB. Not just that game but every game he plays well.

As far as I can think no problems. He's very good and good grades. I think it was SportsCenter about a year ago about him helping out kids in Birmingham. A long with other community services.

7. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Sounds like a solid pick to me then if we go DE.

8. The Playmaker

Yeah I hope so.

9. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

seems like he would rather play the 3-4 defense though. http://youtube.com/watch?v=6PNR2FaWC84

I hope that doesn't affect our pick I've been whatching vids on him and I like him more and more.

10. The Playmaker

Mock 2.0

1)Desean Jackson(WR)(CAL)- He's a playmaker that the Titans need. With the signing of Kearse the DL pick should now be DT for this season. Jackson can catch, run, has size, etc.

2)Pat Sims(DT)(AUB)- Now fills the hole at DT. With Starks now gone. He's athletic for a big guy and can get to the QB.

3)Jonathan Stewart(RB)(OREGON)- Not sure he'll drop down this low but an injury for being out 4-6 months might. He'd be the steal of the draft.

4)Jonathan Goff(MLB)(Vand.)- He gives Tulloch some competition as well as depth at LB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar