Titans + 11 = Titans -9 ?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titanbuoy, Mar 29, 2006.

?
  1. If Matt Leinart is picked McNair is gone (regardless of his contact status)

8 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. If Matt Leinart is picked McNair stays if he restructures his current deal

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. McNair stays regardless of pick

15 vote(s)
    46.9%
  4. McNair is gone regardless of pick

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Let me just state this up front, I’m a big Steve McNair fan. I still think he’s quite capable of leading a good team to the Super Bowl and in doing so playing at a pro bowl level. It’s apparent reading the many McNair based threads on the forum that this is a highly debatable opinion, but I realize it’s just that, my opinion, and the reason for this thread is not to discuss McNair’s viability as a big time starting QB in 2006. I just wanted to state that I’m a big McNair fan so you know where I’m coming from with the following thought.

I don’t know if I’ve been delusional or what (it wouldn’t be the first time), but I’ve never took seriously rumors of McNair’s eminent departure. I just figured even if we draft a QB, we’d need a vet to tutor the young signal caller and who better than old Stevie. But, now with the increasing likelihood that Matt Leinart will be there for the taking at 3, I don’t know if this is the case. If the Titans draft Leinart I think he should start, if not from day 1, then by game 4 or 5. This being said, there is no reason to keep what would be an unhappy and overpaid back-up in McNair around (regardless of his willingness to restructure his deal). Holy reality checks Batman! Suddenly I’m thinking the odds are much better than not that I’ve seen the last of Steve McNair it a Titans uniform.

If the Titans’ draft Matt is McNair done in Tennessee?

edit: I also should have asked if the Titans draft Matt how long until I start to spell Leinart correctly (I'm chronically poor with the whole i before e business)

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I have said on here that if the Titans draft Young he stays, Leinart or Cutler and he is gone

3. Mcanir stays, whatever happens

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

titans are not going to draft Leinart.:winker:

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

:toast:

6. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

And dear God not Cutler!!:irked:

7. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Leinart he is gone. Cutler or Young he stays.

8. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I hope you're right actually. As I said I think McNair can still get it done. I hope he restructures, then the Titans draft Ferguson and consider Omar Jacobs with the 7th pick in the second round. I know there's a need for a MLB and that seems to be a popular way to go with the second pick, but these days with the occasional exception that's not an every down position and an early second seems to be high a pick for that type of player... unless of course the front office is in love with a guy (like D'Qwell Jackson).

Honestly I wouldn't be too concerned if the Titans don't address the QB position at all in the draft (and I realize I'm in an unpopular minority in that view), But the reality is if Vegas was taking odds at this point I think Leinart would be the favourite to be the Titans' selection.

9. theprizdfighter

I wouldn't mind taking D'Brick. And I think Omar Jacobs could be there in the third, and if the FO doesn't think so then just take him in the 2nd. I also feel that we could go another year without drafting a QB, but I'd rather take Young or Leinart or Jacobs this year. I think Jacobs is really underrated. He had a down year this past season, but his number his sophomore year were outstanding at Bowling Green. He is similar to McNair and Young. No doubt Young is faster and more athletic, but I think Jacobs could become a perfect mold of McNair. I think Jacobs should have stayed for his senior season.

10. theprizdfighter

Jacobs sophomore year he threw for 46 TD's to only 4 INT's!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar