Titans’ Britt rehabs while waiting on Goodell

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Jul 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

:cj: is the guy who says "things like that" more than anybody Ive ever known.

2. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

But he didn't have weed on him or fight with the MP's, JCB.

He is learning!

:banjump:

3. JCBRAVE

This is true.

He didn't run anybody over either.

So we should all be happy right.....

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'm guessing he will get a four game suspension. 8 games is half a years salary and a little steep of a penalty IMO. But maybe something will get through to Britt when it really starts costing him some money. His base salary this year is $575,000. So even a four game suspension is going to be a pretty big chunk of money.

Also, usually in these situations the team gets a roster exemption for the duration of the suspension. So they won't have to put him on PUP if they don't want to. So if the suspension is less than 6 games he might be back by game 5 or 6.

5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I think the timing of when he meets with the Comish is important because their certainly could be a cat and mouse game going on here. If the Titans knew that Kenny was going to get a 4 game suspension then they probably would take him off the PUP list before the season starts and let him rest and rehab his knee during his suspension.

I bet the Commish waits to meet with Kenny a few days after the Titans have to decide whether to PUP him or not. If we PUP him then Kenny could easily be gone until the 10th game. If we don't PUP him then he could be back sooner.

To me it is a no brainer. The Titans need to take Britt off the PUP at the deadline and be willing to sacrifice a roster spot until Kenny is healthy and off suspension.

6. JCBRAVE

Hopefully the commissioner is in a good mood when he sees Kenny. It looks like he wont be giving out many suspensions. Marshawn Lynch was at the legal limit when he wrecked his car, Justin Blackmon is a first time offender,

Roger Goodell may be butt hurt if Johnathan Vilma gets his appeal heard in real courts. Nick Fairley might just eat him when they meet, we could luck out with Kenny (fingers crossed)

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. QGP

QGP MIKE HONCHO

8. JerseyJef13

JerseyJef13 Starter

so whats the general consensus here? 2 games? 4 games?

9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I think he gets 4 games because of his repeat offender status. Commish shows off his power again.

Yesterday I heard someone on the radio talking about how in the new CBA that DUI falls under the substance abuse policy and not the personnal conduct policy. If that is true then this could be considered Kenny's first offense and thus he will just get a fine.

Jeff you planning on making it down for any games this year?

10. JerseyJef13

JerseyJef13 Starter

Hey! long time no talk...yes, in fact I will be there week 3 for the Lions game, havent bought tix yet but booked the hotel and such. getting into town that thursday. cant wait!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar