Titanic recovery: Stafon Johnson :)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

[​IMG]

Stafon Johnson apparently has another comeback in him.

"Titans RB Stafon Johnson is a month ahead of schedule in his return from a broken fibula and severely dislocated ankle.

Johnson has been running straight ahead, and he's expected to begin making cuts within the month. He concedes that his strongest supporter went out the door when Jeff Fisher left. Johnson will still get every opportunity to land a roster spot, but the odds are once again stacked against him."

you guys need to stop worrying about Barber, Stafon will compete with Ringer this summer.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I don't get why everyone is obsessed with Stafon Johnson.

He was undrafted.
    He never had over 1,000 yards or double-digit TDs in college.
    Average size (5'11 215)
    Average speed (4.62 40)
    Below average strength (13 BP)

I hope he prooves me wrong, but so far he's done nothing.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

^I agree.

It's because he's a great story. Everyone wants him to succede. Truth is, it probably wont happen.

He never really impressed me at USC until he was hurt- his recovery won me over. Not his play.

Love the guy, but I'm not going to assume he's more than another one of Fisher's USC charity cases.

Granted- he did look great before hurt last preseason. So who knows...

4. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

^^^ He was not the featured back at SC. They also had Joe McKnight and Allen Bradford platooning.

Think of Stafon Johnson as a Lendale White type back, without the attitude and entitlement issues. Combine numbers coming off his throat injury don't show his heart and talent. He was clearly performing at a higher level than Ringer and Blount during camp and preseason last year.

5. Mizzo

Mizzo World champion of America

I hate it when people say "Titanic" when describing us. "Titanic Comeback, Titanic Recovery, Titanic Challenge." It's not clever, no longer original, and most importantly it drives me crazy.

As for Mr. Johnson, I hope he succeeds just like I hope every one of our players does especially due to his circumstances. However, he doesn't have a whole lot going for him. Who knows though, maybe he's the next great running back. But I mean, probably not.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

After last seasons melt down, we need players with his determination. He will probably never be in a position to provide that example, but getting a few players with his heart will certainly help this team.

7. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

To be honest with you, I can not see how the guy could ever be back to 100% after his foot was dislocated so bad that it was pointing the wrong direction. My first thought when he stood up after that incident and I could see the foot was just flopping around was "He's done...like...forever". Love his heart though, and thats how you make it in the world today, you fight and fight and claw your way till somebody takes a chance on you.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

They should use Epic or Legendary when discussing Titans.

9. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Ohh.....sorry....

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I thought this was a really dumb comment. The odds are against this guy even having an nfl career but he is going to beat out Ringer?

Will he be at full speed by this summer? He still isn't even making cuts.

He was never a great prospect to begin with. A nice story but his chance of making a difference in the nfl is very slim.

Reminds me of the people who hyped up Jared Payton.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar