Titanhaters

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Aday25, Oct 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

The problem with the Titan fan base in general is that we are separated into sub-fangroups (in no particular order):

1. VY fans
    2. VY haters
    3. Fisher haters
    4. Fisher fans (a shrinking minority)
    5. Titan haters (I really didn't see how this exists among fans but it does and theres more out there then some realize)
    6. Other (insert what ever)

A Titan fan should support the team on the field. We can argue that certain things should change (I for one don't like Fisher's strategy anymore) but as soon as you start to post that you wish a certain Player/Coach or Titans would do poorly just so you could prove your point- I want you to get the heck out. Even though I don't like Fisher I hope he proves me wrong and we win the SB this year and the next year.

No one player should trump our loyalty to this team. No coach. Not even our record. If you bet against your team you're no fan, you call yourself a "realist," but a fan never bets against his own team ever, even if you think we'll lose. (its fine to post that you think we'll lose but actually betting is crossing the line).

If you wish VY would fail so we could go get another QB you are not a fan because the last time I checked he wears our jersey (If you think there's a better fit for the Titans you can say it but wanting him to fail to prove your point is just a bad show of character...thats like hoping someone would actually break a leg just so you could say "I told you you'd break your leg").

On the flip side if you're one of those fans who only like the Titans because VY is on the team or you would rather have VY at QB even if there's a better QB out there for the job or even though he isn't helping the team then you are not a fan of the Titans. I want the best player we can get even if that means replacing VY because I want the Titans to win a superbowl. (I like VY don't get me wrong but I'd take Brees, Manning, and a few others over VY if they were available) If you love any player more then you love this franchise you are not a true fan.

If you hope Fisher crashes and burns so he'll get fired, well that means the Titans have to lose ballgames and thats the same thing as wishing the Titans would lose. No fan should wish for that. (do I think we'll win with Fisherball no, but do I hope we win, yes. After we lose I'll call for his resignation).

But if you want Fisher to be coach no matter what happens, even if he's responsible, then you can't be a fan of the Titans. If we go 8-8 for the next two or three years get the bum out because I want to win and not dwell in mediocrity. He isn't paid just to wear the headset he's being paid to win and to get us to the superbowl. The last time I checked we haven't won one yet. Superbowls should be the standard for all fans. We should demand perfection and expect results. I'll never root against the Titans but someone please get me a d--- superbowl trophy. Thats all I want.

If you don't want that get out. If you want to settle for mediocrity get out. I'd throw out every player and every coach we have if that meant winning a superbowl. I'm not loyal to anyone of them, I hope they can do this for me, cause I won't expect anything less. But at the same time as long as their here they're a Titan and that means something to me and I'll defend them when their attacked unreasonably.

I posted this because I think theres a lot of favoritism or biased egos out there not only on this board but among all fans. I have my favorite players too and I don't like some things about our team/franchise but I'd never root against a player just because I didn't like him (ex. Donnie Nickey). I'll say that I don't like him as a player and I'll post that I think theres others out there that could do a better job but on game days when he straps up I root for him, I want him to do well, cause if he doesn't the Titans end up hurting in the end. I wish all our players were pro-bowlers and superstars. I know that'll never happen but when one player does well and gets recognized we all in a way get rewarded and the organization looks good.

I don't have any real gripe with anyone here (unless you've done these things I can't stand :D) I just had to air this out after overhearing a conversation. In other words don't be a Titanhater and we'll be alright.
    I hope one of them reads this some how...

• High Five High Five x 5
  2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I don't think anyone wants us to do poorly.

They've just learned not to get their hopes up... to expect failure rather than dream of success.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I was so angry last week that I posted that I hoped we lose the next 12 just so Fisher is done.

Of course I don't want to see us lose those games.

Even if we win the next 12 and the SB I still want Fisher to f right off though.:biglaugh:

That asshat has caused me more stress and hair loss than any other human being in my life to date. :ha:

4. Johnnyrex

Johnnyrex Starter

Great post!! That's how I think... I want Amon Gordon to be the best defensive tackle on the NFL.

5. jdog

jdog I like beer!

I am betting that most classify themseves under "other".

6. That Guy

That Guy Rookie

I might be wrong for saying this, but I'd be happy with just getting into the playoffs on a consistent basis under Fisher, then I'll worry about winning the Superbowl.

Take Dungy for example. He coached for 13 years, and his teams made the playoffs 11 times.

Fisher has had 16 years and only 6 appearances.

I still think Fisher is the best coach for right now, but a change of scenery for him and the Titans may not necessarily be a bad thing in the future.

7. amy

amy Starter

That's just the way people are so no need to stress over it. We all say things we don't really mean. Fans, being passionate and competitive, want their team to win. And over time, when that doesn't happen, we tend to get testy. And it may very well be that some fans are so fed up they truly don't care if the team wins or not. In the end, it's only a game and if not winning has a negative effect on a person's life, then maybe that person needs to re-examine what they put value on.

8. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

I agree we are not together.I been trying to shut up about mariani I'm just gonna support who ever is playing or coaching.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Any criticism I throw Fishers way is well deserved. I'm always pulling for the guy, but when I question his choices I don't think that makes me any less of a Titans fan then the next guy. In fact, I think fans that do second guess their teams leaders is what makes them more of a fan. I care that much about this team winning, I'd punch Barack Obama in his mouth if he somehow cost us a game. I have no loyalties to any player on this team, and have a team first mentality. I don't like the thought of Kerry Collins at QB, but if we're winning I'm happy. My love for Vince comes from watching him since 2003, and thinking "wow if we had that then..", but here we are with Vince, and still no titles. I credit that to two things; Fishers lack of creativity, and Vince's immaturity. So you see I have no problem calling it like it is. Vince can be great if allowed to, but hasn't done the little things to get those opportunities. Now if another teams fan wants to talk trash about Fisher, I've got Fisher's back like I do any Titan player/fan. Us fans are an extension of the roster, and need to be constructive with our criticism. I don't come on here to say how much of a loser any player is, I just like to give my opinion of how things can be improved.

10. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

Aday you are a titans hater cuz you wont give me your contact to bud adams/jeff fisher. you are indirectly wishing this team to fail by keeping my ideas locked away from the people that need to hear them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar