Titan players being shopped around?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The Eagles just traded a draft pick to the Cards for a guard. I wonder if the Titans are looking to shop around anyone today?

What are some areas of strength on the current roster which might be of interested to another team. Gado or Blount? Brock?

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Jovan Haye

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Vinny fuller is the only backup we have that people would be interested in, I believe. But I don't think he's going anywhere. I'm seriously trying to think... but there is nobody that comes to mind (non-starters) that teams would give up a pick for, or a significant player.

I don't think Brock or Gado, because they were available just a few weeks ago, and if they were truly interested, they probably would have at least brought them in for a workout in Free Agency. And I don't think GMs are as enamored with Blount as we are. Big names don't mean much unless they bring in ticket sales (ala Tebow), Blount won't do that. He wasn't a legendary college player, and the Oregon fan base is not the Florida fan base.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I'd like to look around for a safety or a linebacker...???

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'm very surprised Patrick Crayton was traded away to the Chargers for only a 7th round pick. I realize the Cowboys had little use for him now that they have 1) Austin 2) Williams 3) Bryant, but a 7th rounder?

If this were any other year, I'd be really pissed that we didn't make that trade, but we can't really go after another average receiver. I still can't believe we didn't sack up and get Boldin or Holmes in the offseason though. Don't want Britt or Washington lower on the depth chart? Too bad. Should've made one of those moves.

Also, I think it's silly that Ken Lucas is still a free agent.

6. nickmsmith

But we all know, only the Titans and a few other teams can make nothing out of something at the WR position. Boldin and Holmes would be throwing fits when they don't get enough touches.

7. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

Have the Titans made any trades since Reinfeldt became the GM?? I mean real trades where we got something in return, not the draft day "trade".

8. nickmsmith

the only one I remember is Bryce Fisher a few years ago.
    But we rarely made them before MR either. I figure, probably like they do: Every year you get at least 6-8 drafted rookies, UDFAs, and free agent acquisitions, There's little point in going after these trade-for-players unless you are absolutely certain they are going to contribute, and are worth their usually massive contracts.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

We've rarely ever had "something" though.

Boldin and Holmes would each get around 65 catches or so with us. Sure, they'd take a step back as far as receiving goes, but they both took steps back with the teams they signed with. The number of catches Boldin will get with the Ravens and Holmes will get with the Jets will be pretty similar to what they would get here.

10. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

I guess a lot of other teams don't really trade either, but it would be fun and exciting to see some activity sometimes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar