Titan fans remember; there's 4 quarters

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Sep 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

The Titans have played some dam wacky games sometimes and yesterday was one of them. You are right JC, there are 4 quarters and no need to panic when we don't start off well but I will say this...... We cannot start off like constantly because there will be a game we fall behind from the start and won't catch up. The first quarter definitely tested my patience because I knew something had to give, just didn't know what. It also would be nice to have a good game all around from beginning to finish, hopefully this weekend vs NY

2. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Jesus man I was at the game and with 2:06 left, there was a line of people filing out of the stadium. I couldn't believe it. I literally yelled at all of them (our stadium is so quiet during 90% of a game that any raised voice can be heard just fine) and publicly shamed them for leaving. They heard me and turned around (probably 20 people were leaving, at least half came back). I also had multiple fans asking me to sit down in the first quarter of the home opener. We have the crappiest fan presence ever. And DJ Silver is the biggest fail I've ever seen

3. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

wow, that bad?

I have only been to two games at LP field, 1 game in 07 vs panthers and in 09 vs the bills, the crowd was loud and alive!! I wish there were ways to get these fans back in to the game. Our fan presence needs to be herd and who or what is DJ Silver?

4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

This x 1000.

So many random "only Sunday" members pop up, flood the discussions with just complete whiny, arm chair qb comments that arnt even reasonable.

We give up one score and all of a sudden the game was over. No offense to the non regular members but it was rough yesterday even being on the forum during the game. You had self induced team hate coming from every angle. It was just ridiculous.

And we won.

The complaints about going for it on 4th down when we were in field goal range were just ignorant. Take points. Every time. If we would have listened to the geniuses on this board we would have most likely killed the game in one play by not converting a 4th down and missing out on points.

Matter fact, after rewatching the game, we should have had scores on all but two drives. The drive that britt screwed us in and one in the second half.

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

People leave early in all sorts of games. Yes, some people around me left early, too.. But if getting out of traffic is that important to them, then they are idiots, and they deserve to miss the dramatic ending. Why come to the game at all? This is not just the Titans. This happens everywhere. A certain percentage will leave.

DJ silver was a flop, and I don't recall him doing anything of any value. He opens for Jason aldean doing crappy mashups of ill-fitting songs.

Amy grant is also full of suck. Nobody wants to hear "baby baby" from 1993 at a pro football game.

But all that included, I applaud the crew 10000000x for getting rid of the canned chants "1,2,3 FIRST DOWN", "Back it up!!!" and "Turn it up!." All that silly garbage was awful the last few years. It is much better. And they got rid of the Johnny Cash.. which I like Johnny cash.. but it didn't work. less is more, and it's time they finally got it through their skull.

The Crowd WAS loud and alive yesterday. First time I'd heard it like that in a while. Last year at the colts game... was quiet as a church mouse.

when Rivers got the penalty, LP field was rocking by anybody's standard.

6. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

When we were on defense with :15 left in the game.... That's what every defensive stand in Pittsburgh, Seattle, Kansas City.... Every real stadium sounds like. We don't have a good fan base. We have good attendance, not good fans.

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

You don't think any fans leave there? Have you been to other stadiums? I have been to the RCA dome in the playoffs in the biggest nailbiter I've ever been to, and droves of fans left early, before the big Bettis fumble. I have been to Cleveland in a nailbiter against the Steelers.. you guessed it, some fans left early.

No, the titans do not have the most loyal fans in the NFL. But the Titans have done nothing to make the fans loyal since 2003, and a brief time in 2008. That's the way it goes. I think the fans were EXCELLENT considering we were bottom 10 last year, and have been a pretty much poop franchise for the last decade. Cleveland being the exception, you EARN a loyal fanbase with wins, and the titans have not.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'll freely admit to overreacting on gameday. I think it's because I'v been conditioned over the past several years to expect failure and self-inflicted wounds. So when we start the game off with, oh I don't know, say a safety where our returner was untouched... or our wide-open "#1 WR" dropping an easy ball I automatically think "Oh boy... here we go".

But if you take a quick peek at any random fan board, you'll find that every fan base does this. Even those of the "powerhouse" teams. It's not exclusive to Titan fans.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I say oh sh** every time reynaud runs the ball out of the end zone......... I know the game is 4 quarters and I go crazy in the first quarter but it can set you up to win if you play well enough to start the game.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Youre right, but there are those of us who push thru, you know, the adults.

I stopped panicking over first half mishaps about a year ago when I really started watching other teams play.

The nfl game rewind thing allowed me to see this is a normal part of the games, even good teams get down 2,3 scores and just push thru it like nothing happened.

You think if the players responded to bad plays the way the fans do that we'd ever win... No, they know its just 1 play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar