Titan fans remember; there's 4 quarters

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Sep 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I feel that this fan base needs to be reminded there's 4 quarters to a football game.

The unfortunate things that transpire in the first series do not determine the game, so relax.

For the last 3 games the Titans have started out limp. On defense we give up huge gains on opening series, and on offense we seem to spin our wheels til we absolutely HAVE to score a TD.

Ive gotten a little tired of all the chicken little posts when one single bad plays takes place. There's roughly 60 plays to get it right, so can the fans relax? Ive never understood how you could pour hours and hours of your time into a team you just complain about.

Try to enjoy the game everyone.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Time for me to post this again:

Anyone who has followed the Titans for any amount of time knows that you NEVER concede the game until the clock hits 00:00. Period.

Feel free to use that in your sigs. You're welcome.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

BECAUSE IT'S THE TITANS.

And of course there's 4 quarters. that's why they call them quarters.

4. JCBRAVE

Football is an emotional roller coaster, I say this all the time. Its a unscripted drama series. You guys think Breaking Bad is the best show ever, no football is the best show ever.

You have your highs and lows, but in the end if you're not enjoying the ride then stop getting on and go watch golf or something.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I still don't understand why we spot the opposing team 7 pts the first drive every game though.

It's odd. As if it's strategically done. The defense looks like they're not even trying on the first possession.

6. nickmsmith

I think hockey is a more exciting sport to watch live in person. Football kills itself because of all the long and numerous stoppages. before and after most kickoffs, and every other excuse to throw in a TV timeout. it just kills the momentum. One of the Titans drives lasted about 30 real-time minutes. I believe that is the drive where Bironas missed the FG. 30 minutes of ado for nothing. If someone skates down the ice in hockey and misses a shot, the puck will be moving down the ice in a matter of seconds, not 20 minutes.

If they could streamline the games, then football would be on the same level with me (live) as hockey.

At home: no comparison.. football is much more fun to watch. You have commercial breaks to go pee, go roam around.. at the stadium, you get to bake in the sun (or freeze) or wait in line to go pee or buy an 8 dollar soda pop. You are captive. Which is why more and more people are preferring to watch at home or at bars.

7. JCBRAVE

Ice rinks are cold

hockey is fun to watch youre right, but ice rinks are cold

Football>hockey

8. nickmsmith

They are nice and cold. I went to preds and Titans game yesterday. After burning my bald head in the sun all day at the Titans game, the cool weather indoors felt very nice.

9. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Keeping the games close and entertaining. Keeping the audience at the stadium and the home viewers. Flying below the radar, by not destroying every opponent.

10. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

At least we didn't spot them a safety in this game as well haha

But yeah, we seem to start out the games slow and pick up steam after a series or 2. Thats why I don't even try to get on here during the games because I know that every bad play people will be freaking out.

There were actually a lot of people leaving the stadium when the Chargers had the ball with 4 min left!!! I was like "are you guys serious?" There was still plenty of time left to win, and honestly I wasn't even that concerned. I knew that we still had a pretty decent shot to pull it out.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar