Tired of losing games due to poor coaching!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Oct 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

They do tend to get banged up the most and have the shortest careers.

2. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

i think the avg nfl career is 3-4 years for any position so rb might be less if they get banged up bad

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Fitz was horrible in this game but a lot of other players also blew opportunities. I always put some of a loss on the coaches but much of what we saw were players simply not playing well.

Two weeks ago, everyone was loving these same coaches. That's the nature of the beast. They didn't deserve as much credit for the wins as they don't the loses.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

You and me both know Weeden is 10x the better backup QB. If we had him, everyone would be smiling, slapping asses, and preparing their body for the playoffs.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'm pretty sure you just have players you like... VY, CJ, Britt.... that you will defend and cheer for no matter what their production is.

Just like you have people you hate no matter what like.... Munch, Locker, Kendall Wright... that you will hate on no matter what they do.

Like yesterday when you were hating on Kendall, yet he played a really good game.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I will mainly fault the coaches for that 4th and 1 call. With battle hurt, Greene not active and CJ dinged up on the bench the sensible thing to do was to just punt the damn ball.

A play action might work but when you can't even field a viable nfl back it is time to just punt and move on.

I also didn't like calling a timeout at 2:01 to save one second.

On defense it seemed like we could have been better prepared for Wilson's running. We often didn't have a spy and failed to contain him. Why not coach the lineman to ignore the pump fakes and just get the QB? It seemed so easy to get our guys up in the air.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yup, thats been my experience anyways.

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

They are not giving him up now

9. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

True. But if we are going to stuff it in the middle, I want Battle. If we are going to put Rey in for a 1 yd play, give him something off tackle or outside, do stuff it behind center with him.

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Actually, I'd disagree. I think they gave the Spy the same instructions as we give our LB's who cover rb's. If the rb blocks, you can rush. Fokou looked like he was the Spy a few times but isn't fast enough to keep up. Other players decided to rush and didn't get there leaving no Spy when he did run. We did a poor job all around on the Spy/contain of Wilson.

But did you notice how a few times they isolated our MLB and FORCED him to cover someone he couldn't cover? We NEVER do that with CJ!!!

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar