Time to...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gut, Mar 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Because it's so easy to compare white athletes to something other than white athletes, right?

No one is going to be comparing many white receivers with black ones that are good. Sorry, that's life. And nature. Let's be honest.

2. joelmunroe

joelmunroe Camp Fodder

Are you suggesting that black hockey players shouldn't be compared to white hockey players? Because that's life, and nature

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Dumervil would fit nicely at RDE for us IMO and at least we should offer our 1st rounder for him. He would be our Freeney and solve our pass rush problems right away. I don't see anyone in this draft except maybe Hughes as being that good of a pass rusher from the RDE spot. I agree, the guy is proven and very good. My God the guy had 17 sacks last year. He is worth a 1st and a 3rd. With KVB and KB departing we surely have the money to pay Dumervil.

I also like the idea of looking at Dion Grant except he isn't an upgrade over Hope. He is 31 and Hope is 29. IMO Grant is on the downside of his career and I wouldn't invest much in him.

With the signing of Witherspoon the Titans have basically made their decision at OLB IMO. He and McRath look to be the guys manning the outside with Thornton maybe not making the team or playing 2nd string. Thus I don't see them making a move for DJ.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'm not sure it should be mandatory for each team to have at least one white WR but to be fair I think there should be a Rooney rule (we could call it the Bennett rule or something) that requires every team to have at least one white WR on the roster at the start of camp. Of course the token camp guy would get cut after the first pre-season game but at least the guy had a chance.

5. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

Here's an interesting concept; how about we just have the best people compete for roster spots regardless of the color of the skin. I don't subscribe to this 'nature' argument; whatever that means. I just want the most talented and productive players out there on the field. If you want to institute some kind of bizarre rule like that; why don't you try it in your fantasy league first and tell us the results next year.

6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Is there a real chance that we cut Thornton? I know we just signed Witherspoon but are we really that good at LB aside from Tulloch and Witherspoon?

Allred, McRath, and Toga ain't nothin' to write home about.

7. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

i didnt know that.

8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I'd take a team made of, Peyton,Clark,Welker, in fact i'd trade VY,Cook and Britt for them.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Tye Hill is coming in for a workout... woot woot. We could FINALLY get some speed in the secondary. I think Hill had it rough on the Rams, had injuries. The Falcons weren't much of a great defensive team last year. Maybe he could finalllly live up to his potential.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Thefreak

Thefreak Shut Down Corner

Some of my cousins are Bronco's fans so I have watched maybe 10 Broncos games in the last 3 years. I am a big fan of Elvis as he plays all out all the time, but its more of a sentimental thing. If he were cheap I would be all for him but when Bronco fans are saying he's not worth it it makes you wonder.

By the way the Bronco's were tied for 5th worst rushing ypc and 26th overall against the rush last year. That's an improvement from 2008 when they were 27th and 2007 when they were 30th. An even more telling statistic is that in 2007 and 2008 they had the second worst ypc avg in the league. The one year he wasn't a starter and was only a situational pass rusher was 06 and in that year Denver had the 12th best rush defense.

This isn't to say that it was all his fault but... I'm just saying.

Is he better than Ford? Yes. Enough so that I would be willing to pay him superstar money and give up picks? I wouldn't but maybe I'm wrong. If we were playing in a 3-4 then things would be different.

Yes and yes. McRath is the real deal. I watched him a lot last year because I figured we wouldn't resign Keith and wanted to see what type of potential he had. I would put him just a notch below Keith as far as man to man coverage. Every play that he got beat he was within a fingertip of knocking the ball down. He also had surprisingly good hips for a LB. He can go sideline to sideline with the best of them and reads and reacts well from what I saw of him. His weaknesses are the same as every other LB that we have had in the last 15 years. In run support he has trouble shedding blockers but so does Keith and David.

Like I said I watched McRath a lot and he is in my opinion a very solid starter and possibly more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar