Time to...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gut, Mar 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Every team needs a white WR. It's the law. :ha:

I want Ben Obomanu. He was tendered at a 6th/7th Round. He only had 4 catches last year, but averaged 26.6 yards a return. He ran a 4.4 40 and had a 41'' verticle when he came out of Auburn. So if we could get him for maybe a 6th, Ben could be our #4/#5 WR and our returner..

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

White Affirmative Action should be implemented into the NFL LOL. Each team taking part receives a bonus of some kind. This would only apply to the CB, and RB positions.

We're good for OL, DL, LB, S, TE, QB, K, P, but where are the white RB's & CB's?????? Jason Sehorn, don't you have some little cousins coming up????

And teams that drat genies or Pokemon get automatic playoff birth.

3. Thefreak

Thefreak Shut Down Corner

Gut I agree with you on your targets except for Elvis and Dre. Elvis absolutely gets killed on rushing downs. He will go to a 3-4 team. As far as Dre Bly is concerned just stay away. He was horrible here in San Francisco. A small corner, who never was very physical to begin with and has since lost a step. That equals failure.

I'm all for DJ but is that really a need at this point? I see us cutting David Thorton and acquiring someone through the draft to eventually replace Witherspoon. DL and secondary are our main concerns now. I think we should bring in two corners, at the very least, through free agency. Vasher and Sheppard would be a great accomplishment. They would give Mouton and McCourty time to develop.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

I don't care whether or not we have white players, it's just the stupid comparisons people make based solely on skin color. "Jordan Shipley could be our Wes Welker... our Kevin Curtis... our (insert white receiver here)." I'm tired of white athletes being compared to only white athletes, mainly by white people.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. BigD73OT

BigD73OT NFL Free Agent

TuckFro are you from Dalton, GA?

6. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Yup.

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...

Crazy? Yes.

If we are gonna take a DE in rnd 1, would it be worth a 3rd rndr to guarantee the guy is an awesome pass rusher in the NFL?? If Dumervil is as good as advertised, what's wrong with giving him a big contract? We have the cap space and THIS would be the year to front load it so he gets cheaper each season.

Plus, I'm fairly certain you can do this but I'd have to check. What is we traded down to the last pick in rnd 1 and got a late 2nd in return. How crazy would it be then basically giving up a 1st and 3rd for a 2nd and Dumervil?

And I'm not saying we have to do it, but we need to bring him in for a workout and watch film and see if he'd be a good fit. He COULD be a homerun. He could also not be worth it but let's check him out.

Why would we want ANOTHER possession WR who runs good routes? We have Gage and Britt for that. We have Nate and Lavell for the speed/slot stuff.

Gut

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Ah...

Good point. I had thought of this when it looked like they needed a replacement for LJ. Plus, I'd rather trade White first since I don't see him doing much for us next year while Scaife will probably start and do well if he's here. I trade both of them if I could get a player and or picks to help upgrade the roster or fill holes.

Gut

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...

I only saw one game by the Broncos last year so I don't know how well he does overall against the run, but he's a young AND dominant pass rusher...2 traits I highly covet. Is he any different than Ford except with a much better pass rush? And aren't we staring down Ford as a starter at DE right now?

Right now it'd be interesting to see who's better right now...McRath or Thornton. I really feel that Thornton is done and Witherspoon SHOULD take his spot. That leaves McRath or nobody to take KB's spot. DJ and KB are very similar players except that DJ's younger and needs to get back to being an OLB in a 4-3 rather than a 3-4 ILB. Aquiring DJ to play KB's spot, move Spoon to Thornton's spot would be a cheap way to revamp our LB corp and we might actually be as good or better than we were last year WITHOUT hvaing to invest a high draft pick or sign a free agent LB to a zillion dollars.

I agree about the CB situation. I would attempt to sign the 2 BEST guys that fit our system with the idea that we may still draft a top notch or mid-level CB and the #2 CB spot is wide open for competition.

Gut

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

You want Obomanu or a Trindon Holliday type that we can get in the draft at perhaps a 7th rnd pick. The Titans won't give up a pick for a guy who isn't a clear cut good-great returner. Obomanu doesn't pass that bar.

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar