Time to worry about our Pass Defense

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Danimal, Aug 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danimal

Danimal Starter

With our starters hurt our pass defense is not looking very good thru 2 preseason games. Pro Football Focus explains part of my concerns:

Titans CB Antwon Blake’s starting spot

Last season, CB Antwon Blake was one of the worst starters in football. He surrendered 1,074 receiving yards—the only corner to top 1,000—eight touchdowns, and a passer rating of 117.0 when targeted. The undrafted free agent from 2012 looked overmatched as a starter, and the Steelers let him go. But his old coach, Dick LeBeau, has inserted him into the line-up in Tennessee, and he looks much like the same guy so far this preseason. Against Carolina, Blake gave up six catches for 113 yards and a touchdown, surrendering a reception every time he was targeted, with five different receivers catching passes against him. Maybe it’s time to accept that Blake just isn’t cut out for starting work in the NFL.

Looks like this can be our weakest area. It is still preseason but you can't argue with the facts.

• LOL LOL x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If we're starting a 5th string CB week-1 we have major problems. Im not quite yet worried after just 2 preseason games.

Although we all know the secondary is a weak spot.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

We all knew blake was going to suck coming in. No surprise there.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Time to worry? I've been worried the past 8 years.......We seriously need to address this next off season. Not plug and play guys. The big plays have been killing us...Like that Ted Ginn Jr play last week for 61 years or whatever. So familiar.

#4 JR1980, Aug 22, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

The Ginn play was a missed tackle from our back-up CB and the Gordon one was a bad read on LB....both long plays that should be corrected, but I do worry. We really need to apply pressure quickly to make up for our DB's.

Either way, gotta get our starting CB's back in there healthy.

Def gotta pick a legit CB with one of our 1st rnd picks next year.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Blake is trying his hardest to replicate Griffin, that missed tackle on Ginn was HORRIBLE, holy crap lol

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Exactly. The other thing is....We aren't getting the pressure we need on opposing QB's.....Dodd needs to get in that rotation and we need more push on the inside.

8. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

I've been worried about our pass defense ever since Rolle and Dyson were cut... This is going to be a long-count fix by Jon Robinson....

However, I expect when teams cut down their rosters, JR will bring 1 (if not 2) off waivers (reminder, we're number one on the waiver order."

9. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

i think it'll be front end 2nd rd.

10. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

I'd be OK with drafting secondary with every pick through the 4th at this point...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar