Time to try something else (run game woes)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Sep 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Man you use every post to bash CJ, give it a rest. Maybe you should start looking at the other RBs production for our offensive line as well.

Original poster is totally right. Its embarrassing. Somethings gotta change.

2. Joe Blaque

Joe Blaque Starter

Chris Johnson deserves just as much blame as the offensive line, if not more.

At this point though, it is more about scheme and run play calling. Which starts with Mike Munchak and Chris Palmer. Palmer has no idea how to design a run game. The running game as a whole needs an overhaul. Where is this overhaul going to come from?

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

plenty of good interior OLmen in the draft, but at least we got us a converted DE too someday play TE - someday ....

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I'd love to know what offensive lineman you think the Titans could have drafted in the fifth round and had starting in week 1.

5. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Im not a draft person. Who was there at the time that would have been an upgrade?

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

just using TT as an example of luxery drafting instead of plugging holes

Just an example.

And I am sure there are OL starting somewhere in The League who were available at that time.

7. Parking Lot B

Parking Lot B Stud Duck

Sad....today was sad. We were hopeful that the Titans would show improvement but our hopes were already dashed by the end of the first quarter. Got there early today, had a great time in the Parking Lot, was pumped and ready - For What? We could handle it if the team played decent and maybe one had a really bad day, but let's see.... Jake is throwing them high, Washington has the dropsies, Griffin couldn't stay close if my grandmother was a receiver, Oline couldn't hold a highschool team, CJ can't fall freaking forward for a yard, ??? Remind me please why I should attend the next game..............

Just had to vent!

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Patriots are going to win the Super Bowl this year, barring any significant injures to Brady/Wilfork/Gronk. I have no shame in losing to them. We knew their offense would be insanely good, but their defense is what impressed me the most. They finally started getting their draft picks right and now we're seeing a complete team they have, even with a running game. Scary.

But yeah, something needs to change with our running game. Being a CJ2k fan, it kills me to see what our team has turned into. He just doesn't have the "it" factor we need, he always dances around, even when there are no cutback lanes. He's not the kind of back I'd want on my team at this point anyway, but it's hard to see what kind of back he is at all now because our oline keeps getting demolished, even though we have 2 HoF olineman as coaches. I think Munch is in way over his head, that or Bruce Matthews has no idea how to coach. Love the guy, great player but clearly something isn't working.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

ncaalover12: It Sucks x3 for your first paragraph.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar