Time to trade Nate

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Sep 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I'd argue a "win now" season is a mistake. Never wise to look narrow and not at the big picture. Evaluate all roster moves based on overall value, not immediate value.

The good teams are the ones that find that value. Same philosophy as BPA in the draft.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Also, you have to look at this from the Ravens perspective. Could they use a WR? Sure. But would Nate freaking Washington really have an effect on their W/L column? Doubtful.

Just can't see them giving up a 3rd (really I think even a 4th is rather questionable) for a 30-year old #2 receiver who, if we're being completely honest here, has never really been anything special to begin with. Ozzie is smarter than that. Besides, based on what I saw last night that defense is a much bigger issue than the offense. If anything they need to be trading for some secondary help.

Honestly, I think deep down everyone in that organization knows they have virtually no chance of repeating. Hell, I don't even think they win that division. They put it all together JUST in the nick of time. They made it just before the window closed. Now they've simply lost too much to keep playing at their 2012 level. And Nate Washington isn't going to magically change that. I think they'd be best suited to hold on to their draft picks and try to reload next year.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

This thread blows.

Don't help the ****ing Ravens. Sit back and watch them burn. Enjoy the ride.

We've helped them out enough in the past. I'm sick of seeing our players go there... They are more than welcome to trade us for Griffin though.

• High Five High Five x 4
  4. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

This is a tough call.. but I'm leaning slightly towards trading him. Nate's getting older, and he really is "just another guy". How many good teams have Nate as their leading, most dependable WR? That won't cut it. Wright and Hunter should be a good duo soon, and Williams is always here to make a play when we need it. Hopefully we'll also get a few more good years out of Britt.. We don't really need Nate, and in a few years he'll really be on the recline.

You guys always talk about how we're a run first team and how deep and young we are at WR. We now have a picture perfect situation to trade away an old vet which would:

1) Get us a draft pick
    2) Allow younger guys like Wright and Hunter to develop
    3) Hurt the ratbird Ravens in the future, as 3 years from now that draft pick will be much more valuable than Nate.

If there's one thing our Front Office has done an outstanding job at in the past few years, it's drafting.. particularly in the mid to late rounds. Mid round picks are more valuable to us than they are to other franchises because we do such a good job at finding gems in the draft.

I think a 3rd rounder for Nate is seriously worth considering. 4th is pushing it, and anything less is forgettable.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I agree with this but what is the real value of a future 3rd, 4th, 5th, round pick vs keeping Nate for a season? I mean, we are willing to throw away 2nd round picks just to draft guys like Jared Cook, so maybe the Titans draft history has just soured my value of draft picks.

Nate is good. Nate helps us this season. It's good to have him for Locker's development. He's a team leader on offense.

Things are pretty apathetic towards the Titans here in Nashville. I really think the Titans need to return to the playoffs to help rally the city around the Titans again. 4 years playoff drought damages the psyche of the city and franchise.

We didn't spend a lot of money on OL, new safeties, new TE, just to trade our best WR at the start of the season.

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I wouldn't trade him for anything less than a 2nd round pick. That obviously wouldn't happen...

He's far more valuable to us than most teams.

7. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

I think it's ridiculous to trade Nate unless it's robbery. The dude simply plays all out for us and people around here want to ship him off. He's one of our best receivers, behind him are young unproven guys. You need a vet on the team to help develop those young guys, and for Lockers development.

Trading him would be a mistake. That said, he was just named a captain so it's not happening anyway.

8. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

I say let the Ravens choke this season after making such poor off season decisions. No reason we should help them by trading one of our top WRs unless they are giving us the farm like 1st round pick

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Agreed. He's certainly more valuable to us than the Ravens. They would never offer us a pick/package valuable enough to make it worthwhile for us, at this stage in the game. Washington knows our offense already and brings much needed leadership to our WR group. He would have start from scratch and learn the Ravens offense. And even then he doesn't really make their team all that much better.

Basically, what we would lose is far greater than what the Ravens would gain. Therefore I can't see a deal being worked out.

10. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I doubt anyone around he wants to just ship Nate out. If anything the fact that people think he actually has trade value is a huge compliment considering how few of our players even have trade value as of right now. That being said anything under a 2nd wouldn't be enough to make me want to trade him. I realize he's worth a 3rd max, but I simply don't trust our FO to use that draft pick wisely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar