Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Time to trade Nate

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Sep 6, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 7 users.
  1. JCBRAVE Welcome to my world, now sit down and listen up

Casey
    Moolah:
    $209,481
    My exact sentiments.

I'm all for this idea IF someone wants to overpay.

I want to win now!
    The Hammer high fives this.
  2. TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,350
    Of course I do.

My opinion is based on my expectation of what Nate will do for the Titans in the future.

Not trading a replaceable player at the high point in his value because the coaching staff is desperately trying to keep their jobs is a dysfunctional way to run an NFL team. But I concede it's likely the reality for the Titans.
  3. Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Morgan
    Moolah:
    $5,076
    I wouldn't trade Nate Washington to the Ravens for four reasons:

A) Washington would most likely get us a 5th or 6th round pick. Washington is old and is not a guarantee to play 16 games in a season. Maybe a bad GM would panic and overpay for Washington but Ozzie Newsome maybe the best GM in the NFL and has job security for at least the next 5 seasons so there is no reason for him to flip out.

B) We are actively competing against the Ravens for a potential wildcard and anything that makes their team better can serve as a detriment to us; with that in mind why would we improve another playoff contending team when our own coach is in a perceived "playoffs or bust" year? It makes no sense.

C) Nate Washington is our most dependable receiver and was just voted a team captain by his teammates. Britt is unreliable, Williams has always had a streaky career here in Tennessee (although he has had a good preseason), and we do not know what we'll get from Hunter this year. We could go from Britt/Washington/Wright/Williams/Hunter/Preston to Wright/Williams/Hunter/Preston in two or three weeks without Washington. We are developing young receivers right now and IDK if it's the right time to dump a vet like Washington. Also, who knows what getting rid of him could do to the locker room

D) #### the Ravens in their dirty little ratbird mouths. Not only would I hate to send them a quality player like Nate Washington I hope they get more debilitating injuries to their team. Screw those guys.
    JCBRAVE high fives this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 Good picture of me from 10 years ago

Wright
    Moolah:
    $3,262
    Well let me preface what I was saying about not trading him that I don't think we would get more than a 3rd rounder at most.

If someone was willing to give up a 2nd, I'd be all ears. But I've watched the Titans draft for a long time and 3rd round is pretty real terrible history for us.
  4. nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

Reynaud
    Moolah:
    $21,193
    IS a lousy 5th or 6th round pick actually worth getting rid of a team captain?

Most of our high draft picks don't pan out, or late round draft picks are probably a 20% successs rate. What's the point?
    The Hammer high fives this.
  5. RollTide Pro Bowler

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,073
    Anything less than a 3rd rd pick i would pass but a 3rd would be hard to turn down for a player who might not be here next year anyway.

The Ravens might be headed for an 8-8 type season so a mid 3rd would be nice for the long run.

I would take a 3rd,
  6. JCBRAVE Welcome to my world, now sit down and listen up

Casey
    Moolah:
    $209,481
    Yea well that was before Ruston Webster was in charge.
  7. Aqutis30 Starter

D. Williams
    Moolah:
    $2,742
    Considering the circumstances that this team is playing with this year, do or die, I don't see them even considering it. They know that it's playoffs or pink slips, and they have a plan and their roster set for the journey. The wagons are hitched and their fates are ready to be determined, so I can't see the FO rocking the boat by trading probably our #1 receiver, or anyone for that matter, unless the trade is absolute dynamite. A draft pick or some scrub is not worth it, they have to win NOW to save their jobs.
    JCBRAVE high fives this.
  8. ImATitan Starter

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,349
    Like almost everyone here, I disagree.

Munch is in win now mode. Wright seems to fit best in the slot. Moving him outside right now would be a mistake. Or if you suggest to move Hunter outside right now, that's also a mistake in "win now" season.
  9. Dman Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $7,810
    munch better be in "win now"mode or he will be "looking for a new job" mode by the time late december or january come!