Time to trade Nate

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Sep 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

My exact sentiments.

I'm all for this idea IF someone wants to overpay.

I want to win now!

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Of course I do.

My opinion is based on my expectation of what Nate will do for the Titans in the future.

Not trading a replaceable player at the high point in his value because the coaching staff is desperately trying to keep their jobs is a dysfunctional way to run an NFL team. But I concede it's likely the reality for the Titans.

3. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I wouldn't trade Nate Washington to the Ravens for four reasons:

A) Washington would most likely get us a 5th or 6th round pick. Washington is old and is not a guarantee to play 16 games in a season. Maybe a bad GM would panic and overpay for Washington but Ozzie Newsome maybe the best GM in the NFL and has job security for at least the next 5 seasons so there is no reason for him to flip out.

B) We are actively competing against the Ravens for a potential wildcard and anything that makes their team better can serve as a detriment to us; with that in mind why would we improve another playoff contending team when our own coach is in a perceived "playoffs or bust" year? It makes no sense.

C) Nate Washington is our most dependable receiver and was just voted a team captain by his teammates. Britt is unreliable, Williams has always had a streaky career here in Tennessee (although he has had a good preseason), and we do not know what we'll get from Hunter this year. We could go from Britt/Washington/Wright/Williams/Hunter/Preston to Wright/Williams/Hunter/Preston in two or three weeks without Washington. We are developing young receivers right now and IDK if it's the right time to dump a vet like Washington. Also, who knows what getting rid of him could do to the locker room

D) #### the Ravens in their dirty little ratbird mouths. Not only would I hate to send them a quality player like Nate Washington I hope they get more debilitating injuries to their team. Screw those guys.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Well let me preface what I was saying about not trading him that I don't think we would get more than a 3rd rounder at most.

If someone was willing to give up a 2nd, I'd be all ears. But I've watched the Titans draft for a long time and 3rd round is pretty real terrible history for us.

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

IS a lousy 5th or 6th round pick actually worth getting rid of a team captain?

Most of our high draft picks don't pan out, or late round draft picks are probably a 20% successs rate. What's the point?

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Anything less than a 3rd rd pick i would pass but a 3rd would be hard to turn down for a player who might not be here next year anyway.

The Ravens might be headed for an 8-8 type season so a mid 3rd would be nice for the long run.

I would take a 3rd,

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea well that was before Ruston Webster was in charge.

8. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Considering the circumstances that this team is playing with this year, do or die, I don't see them even considering it. They know that it's playoffs or pink slips, and they have a plan and their roster set for the journey. The wagons are hitched and their fates are ready to be determined, so I can't see the FO rocking the boat by trading probably our #1 receiver, or anyone for that matter, unless the trade is absolute dynamite. A draft pick or some scrub is not worth it, they have to win NOW to save their jobs.

9. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Like almost everyone here, I disagree.

Munch is in win now mode. Wright seems to fit best in the slot. Moving him outside right now would be a mistake. Or if you suggest to move Hunter outside right now, that's also a mistake in "win now" season.

10. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

munch better be in "win now"mode or he will be "looking for a new job" mode by the time late december or january come!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar