Time to trade CJ???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VA_Titans, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

but if you look at all the superbowl champions.....they got there with the help from a franchise qb not a franchise rb.....

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Elway never won a Super Bowl until he had Davis. You can easily say all Super Bowl champions got there with the help of a great defense and be as accurate.

There are quite a few franchise QBs who never hoisted the Lombardi because they didn't have the talent around them. It's a team sport. Just as Marino.

CJ is the main factor for Britt's success last season. Think he sees one-on-one match-ups all afternoon if the safety isn't staying near the LOS to help contain CJ?

I can't believe anyone would seriously think trading CJ for less than two first-round picks is a wise decision.

3. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

RB's come dime a dozen, look at Blount for example. I say we trade him because he will want 40 trillion bucks this off season or will hold out ONCE again.

4. VA_Titans

VA_Titans Camp Fodder

I could see us letting him go for Palmer and their 1st and 2nd pick of the draft..... We could stock up on d and draft another good back

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'd trade CJ, as long as it's a Ricky Williams/Herschel Walker type of trade.

6. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

trade cj,vy,and nate for Peyton Manning.... we would be in the playoffs next season.

you know it's true! :)

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

We should listen to trades, at least.

I don't see any possible way he can play the way he did in '08 and '09 for more than two more seasons... and we're a long way from the Super Bowl.

Good thing we have Blount! :hang:

8. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

are yo nuts? Trade him? Maybe for 3 consecutive 1st round picks.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

"Washington's then-general manager Charlie Casserly gave up the fifth selection in the first round of the 1999 draft that Mike Ditka used on Ricky Williams for all six of Iron Mike's picks that year (1-12, 3-71, 4-107, 5-144, 6-179 and 7-218) plus 1st and 3rd-round choices in 2000 that became the 2nd and 64th overall. "

http://www.drafthistory.com/articles/article23.html

I wouldn't be upset if we got that much in return. BUT, if you click the link (and assuming its accurate, I did not verify) then you'll see almost all those picks were busts.

Really, I want us to keep CJ. He keeps some hope alive that the turnaround can be quick. Three maybe four good new defensive players and a QB the caliber of Sanchez and I think we could be playoff caliber.

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Herschel Walker trade is beeeetttter. (http://min.scout.com/2/11653.html)

In 1989, at the peak of Walker's NFL career, the Cowboys sent Herschel Walker to the Vikings for five players and six draft picks.

The players were LB Jesse Solomon, DB Isiac Holt, RB Darrin Nelson, LB David Howard, and DE Alex Stewart.

The picks turned into players such as Emmitt Smith, Russell Maryland, Kevin Smith, and Darren Woodson.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar