Time to trade CJ???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VA_Titans, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I like your points, but your typing in giant blocks gives me a headache, so I can't finish.

2. buddync1

buddync1 Camp Fodder

Please trade him so I don't have to pull for a team with an idiot for an owner any longer! He is getting more and more like that idiot in Oakland every day!

3. gran54

gran54 Starter

Sorry, but this NUTS! All these threads that talk about trading CJ make absolutely no sense. CJ is now the definite center piece of this team and we need to get a consistent QB that can throw the ball down field and open up the ground game for him. He is one of the top three backs in the league and always sets high personal goals for himself and is one of the few backs that has ever gone for 2K and if we get a solid QB in here he might do it again. Yes Ringer is good, but he hasn't had a full load in a couple of years. CJ adds so much to this offense and is the most dangerous/dynamic player in the league offensively and he drives defensive coordinators crazy! Sorry, but CJ is the last player I would want to trade......

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

CJ is easily replaceable.

Just a product of the line. He sucks any time there's no huge hole- plus, as much speed as he lost from last season to this, he may be even worse next year.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

CJ must've had the most carries for negative yardage.

Love how some people think he's better than Eddie... blasphemous behavior, but whatever.

6. 24

24 Starter

The difference is Britt isn't asking to be the highest paid offensive player. At least not yet.

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Kenny Britt can be a high level player for 10 more years while CJ can play at a high level for about 2 more years.

Britt is way more valuable to us than CJ. I know most of you don't see it that way, but it's true. I'm still a CJ fan, but if Kenny Britt didn't pull that hammy, he'd have been the #1 most talked about receiver in the 2010 season. He would've led the league in TD receptions and been the starter at the Pro Bowl.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

Absolutely. You know he's never going to resign here. Get something for him while he's still worth something in this league.

9. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

I agree unfortunalty he'll never resign in Nashville.He has already starting making noises, another season like last season and the Titans would lose value. He is worth a 1st and a 2nd I reckon, maybe more. Something for the FO and the new coach to think about. As much as I would hate to lose him, the dancing behind the line of scrimmage was infuriating last year. Okay we had a really crappy O=line this year, but he did lose a lot of negative yardage. If we could get a decent power back and a couple of high draft picks it may be a good deal for the rebuilding Titans.

The Patriots have a ton of draft picks and need a RB,.Not really Bill's type of deal but we would help the Patriots.

10. 4realz

4realz Camp Fodder

I agree that we can't trade him. I'm a strong believer in once you have a top player at a position you lock him in and add more players around him. Hopefully as you add players you're locking in more players that are the best at their position. I just don't like the take one step backwards so that we can to two steps forward approach. It just doesn't seem to work out that way usually.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar