Time to trade CJ???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VA_Titans, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VA_Titans

VA_Titans Camp Fodder

I know we've talk about it before and it's something I wouldn't do but If we are rebuilding would you trade him for something like Palmer 1st and a 3rd?

I love CJ and I know he's only 25 but this is something that they might have to do....

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

No...I know we are "rebuilding" but recent success of teams going worst to first have shown that you can contend for the playoffs while you rebuild. Most RBs hit their prime at age 27-28...if it takes us 2 years to get the rest of the pieces in, then he will still be in his prime. CJ and Britt give us two elite talents to build an offense around. There is no reason to deal either right now.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

If we were going to give up CJ it would have to be for a hell of a lot more than Carson Palmer and a couple of draft picks.

Give up CJ for a current top 5 RB and draft pick... now you're talking.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

It makes no sense to trade your best player for draft picks who almost certainly won't turn out to be as valuable.

5. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

You're right, now if we're talking about a haul like the Cowboys got for Herschel Walker, that would be a different story. 3 1sts and 3 2nds would do it...

6. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Without a dangerous passing game I think CJ will continue to struggle in the run game. I don't believe KC is going to be the QB to keep a consistently dangerous passing game alive.

Can't get rid of the guy, but sure need to do something to back those LBs or safeties off the line every play.

7. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Hopefully with Fisher gone, KC will not be our starting QB next season. However, if he is brought in to mentor a rookie I'd be fine with him returning.

8. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

If we signed DeAngelo Williams in free agency and got some high draft picks, it would be worth considering. I just don't know how many teams would part with 2 one's for CJ. I think we should keep him as long as Bud is wiling to make him one of, if not, the highest paid RB in the league.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Now with Fisher gone, C.J. IMO is more valuable than ever. No way I want to part ways with our playoff ticket. I thought C.J. was being call upon perfectly in 08. We need to get ourselves a good No.2 RB. Ringer is okay, but he doesn't give me great hope.

10. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Even if the Titans decided that they wanted to trade CJ (which they won't), I think the team would be very disappointed to find out just how little they could get in return.

RB is thought to be one of the easiest positions to draft. You can easily get impact players in the 2nd and 3rd round (Ray Rice, Jamaal Charles, MJD, etc.).

I'm not even sure the Titans would get a 1st for CJ. There's no chance in hell they would get multiple 1sts.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar