Time to Think Bigger Picture

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, Nov 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

It's easy to get caught up in today's news, but the firing of Ken Whisenhunt has opened up more questions for me that I didn't really have until this morning. My immediate reaction was happiness obviously but thinking broader, the craziness has just started.

My main concern now is the actual ownership. This team should not be controlled from Houston. If the owner(s) can't put in the time and care that this team deserves then it should be sold to someone who will. This could be the most time demanding move, but it's a move that has to happen before we even think of anything else. Having an owner that's actually going to put in the time and energy to build this organization will go a long way into attracting the right people and players to help build what we have going on in Nashville.

Now of course if this were to happen then you would expect to see most of the front office gutted including Ruston Webster, which I wouldn't lose a second of sleep over. If new ownership isn't reached then you could possibly see this guy making yet another head coaching decision and have another year to continue to make the Titans worse. That sort of my opinion but not really when actually looking at our record since he has taken over.

Point being, this is like Return of the Jedi. Sure, we blew up the Death Star (again) but the war is not over. There is still a lot of work to do to return this team to prominence, but this was a heck of a start. It would be much easier to see our current leadership sack up and get to work, but fresh blood at the top may be the way to go. Regardless, buckle up because the ride just started.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

One of them is in Nashville. Kenneth Adams IV

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Tldr plus I saw a star wars reference **** that I'm out

• LOL LOL x 4
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. The Playmaker

Thank you for providing your valuable input into the discussion.

5. The Playmaker

Most of them are still in nHousto correct? Mortensen has always had a good relationship with the team and said basically the same thing.

6. MaybeWeWin

MaybeWeWin Starter

Ok, I just listened to the Press Conference they had. Murlarky just got this news this morning so he has to take it all in evaluate the big picture and fix what is wrong. Right now that is important we got to dig out of the 1-6 hole we are in. Now one of the reporters asked about the selling of the Titans. That was a very confrontational subject with them and it flared a outburst of anger from Underwood about the team is not for sell and we are not going to be for sale. So there is that. I think it took a lot for the owners and management to fire Whiz. Amy has been considering firing Whiz for weeks and that is what is important.

• Winner Winner x 3
  7. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

^ :brow:

• LOL LOL x 2
  8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I have been considering firing the Wizinator since the stains game last year...

9. MaybeWeWin

MaybeWeWin Starter

I was just saying what was basically what was said in the conference.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

my bad...

yes you did and thanks for that. I was listening myself.

I sometimes do the same with the post game interviews on the game day threads - away games only - lol

people who cant/dont listen to the Titan broadcast miss a lot

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar