Time to strike while the IRON IS HOT!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gut, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Well I'm assuming Jeff Fisher gets tired of being one and done in the playoffs and leaves, ushering in a new offensive era in Tennessee..

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Assume all you want. I'll assume we get another McDaniels-type who doesn't want Cutler.

3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

First of all, when you speak of Eddie Royal and Brandon Marshall, you're speaking of a rookie and third year player as of last season. You're telling me those were just two absolutely ridiculous draft picks, and that Jay Cutler's ability didn't pad their numbers? Doubtful...

And secondly, you didn't answer my question, you just asked me silly questions and made a moot point about last year. If we had Jay Cutler then we could expand our offensive attack without changing our philosophy. Going deep on second down would be an option because we have a QB who throw a beautiful deep ball. Teams would have to game-plan our passing attack instead of simply stacking the box against us, that's how he would make everyone on our team better. He definitely wouldn't be a downgrade, and he has more to offer then VY or KC. And you're telling me that a QB can't develop when all he's asked to do is not make mistakes? So in other words, the more you ask of a young QB, the more likely he is to succeed? And you're implying that because of our system a QB can't develop himself here? Really? Jay Cutler + Nate Washington + Justin Gage = A whole new passing threat.

And there's no way he'll pull a 1 2 and 3. Denver deciding that they have to trade Cutler is the only way he's leaving. If that's the case, then all these shenanigans are really killing Cutler's value. Really, it's time to strike now, while the iron is hot

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

If you say so, you have the crystal ball.

5. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Well you keep avoiding the one question I have because you know the answer...Jay Cutler would make us a better team, therefore, why the hell not see if we can't get him?

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Hypothetical questions cannot be answered, only hypothesised. Therefore there is no right or wrong, therefore I will stick to my point.

We run a conservative offense, we are fine with Collins there, thus there is no point wasting picks/players on Cutler when we have other needs.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

We have to run a conservative offense because of our personnel, that's my point.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

We've always been a conservative, run first offense. It's how Fisher rolls.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Gunny is ALWAYS pro status quo.

I can't recall a post where you didn't defend status quo or oppose change. :)

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'm not defending it, I'm telling it how it is.

There's a big difference.

If we were an air it out, high profile offense team, sure get him in. But we're not so really, why waste picks getting a guy who will be asked to do the same as Collins?
    It's not like QB was a weak point last season.

It's also not true, I don't agree with Fisher playing favourites with vets (J-Mac, Lamont etc.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar