Time to sit LenDale

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reo

reo Starter

i'm glad to finally find some ppl that see white like i do... i've been posting about this on titanscentral... its not about his stats... its not even about the line or how many ppl other teams have in the box... its not even really about his vision b/c he's got pretty good vision...its that he's slow. he's slow and has very little acceleration and poor agility. All i've seen from him so far has been a couple good pops on defenders b/c he runs hard. there was 1 play in particular late against Atl where he ran up the middle into his linemen and then there was room to bust it outside.. and he saw it and tried to do it but he... just couldn't get out there. he didn't have the agility to turn outside or the acceleration to get out there so he got hit soon after tryin but fell forward so he gained a few yards... but not as many as he could've gotten.

i like him as a short yardage/power back but not as the primary.

personally i'm hoping they can find a reason to get henry active (maybe special teams or something) so they can give him some carries to see what he can do. he showed flashes in the 1st preseason game but then when he got some early action against a good NE defense, he looked bad... i'd like to see if he's improved at all after a few more months of work.

2. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

We should hold off on trying to do something during the deadline and just wait for...

[​IMG]

3. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Who the hell is that guy?

4. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

How could you BigRed? How could you.... Its Chris "Beanie" Wells! GOD!

He is the next Eddie George

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XyIsGdu3vz0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XyIsGdu3vz0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

5. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

lendale reminds me of ron dayne a little. the question is can he even be as good as that heisman bust? haha

[​IMG]

6. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

you are correct sir

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I really happy with rumbling bumbling fatty Lendale right now.

His fat will get him the three to four yards most carries. It is hard to watch when you know a faster player could break a huge run, but the wear em out over the game thing that Lendale does is pretty awesome.

I really think with Lendale wearing down defenses, Chris Henry breaking off some big runs at the change of pace back, and Vince's threat of taking off for easy 10-15 yard gains...

The Titans have a great running combo for years to come (barring injury).

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Amazing what a few weeks can do... we'll see where he is by the end of the season. But now, he's worked his way into the top ten RBs, and is, oh yeah, ahead of Travis Henry.

10. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

True.. and to be specific he's #9, however out of the top 30 RBs only 3 players have a lower yds/att avg. So in other words he's 27 out of 30 in that department. Take into account that our O-Line is one of the best in the league, and I'm looking forward to watching him attack the line like he attacks his burgers.. (with his helmet still on). I know speed is a factor, but I'd like to see him use his weight to smash into defenders more often to break the green.

[​IMG]

I'm not going to be too hard on Lendale, and I'm impressed with his performance so far, but i'm not going to go all :whoop: ieeeee over a couple 100 yard games. He still has alot to prove and I wish him the best.

edit: love how much of a workhorse he's becoming and he's just warming up... I know Fisher is loving this. Give him someone who will carry 25 time per game, and watch Fish's eyes sparkle up.. and giggle in joy on the side lines.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar