Time to sit LenDale

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

He's flashed a few times but looks even slower than he did the beginning of the season to me. Our offensive line isn't able to hold blocks as long as it takes for him to hit the hole. I'm seeing a LB or S in the hole by the time he gets there.

The last two weeks he has a 2.9 and 2.7 ypc avg. He's no threat in the passing game either. His longest carry has been eight yards against two of the lower-rated run Ds in the game.

At this point, I don't think he's outplaying Brown though he continues to get more opportunities. I can't understand why. His "instincts" are not equaling production.

It may be a bit early but I'm almost ready to activate Henry and give him some carries.

If White can't drop some weight to increase his burst, he needs to bulk up and become a power back. What I am seeing right now is a guy who is overweight, slow but runs like he thinks he has the quicks to make people miss and take it to the house. It's not happening.

2. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Well, I see your point, and maybe the staff does too as Brown was in most of the game. Did anyone see Micheal Turner.....DROOOOLLLLL

3. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

LenDale did play over the flu this week

4. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Geez, what's that like the fifth time he's had the flu since we drafted him? Give that man a multivitamin or something

5. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

LenDale does need to step his game up. In all honesty, I was more impressed with him last year than this year. This year, though, he aint coming in fresh against an exhausted d.

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Looking into the line from the endzone it appeared holes were being opened, and a couple of times it looked like they opened a huge hole that went for just about 5 yds.
    The Titans whole offense looked slow, Lendale and WR's.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Apparently Big Macs are just empty fat calories and don't have the nutrition neccesary.

I think Jeff is making good points. At first many of us thought Brown would be the slasher with speed and LW would be more the Travis Henry type back but LW isn't near as fast or quick as T. Henry was for us and Brown has shown he has just as much power with the added benefit of being able to occasionally break a long one. Brown is also a better option in the passing game. LW looks like he is pulling a train compared to T. Henry last year and for long term it would be nice to see what we have in C. Henry before we hit the off season.

With that said I wouldn't neccesarily deactivate White at this point but find a way to activate Henry where he plays on STs. That leaves us the option of using White in situations where he could be valuable. Considering neither Brown or White are doing much we can just as easily split the carries 3 ways and I'd like to see Henry involved more in the passing game.

8. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

yes i too have to say i thought we would be a force this game running...but its just not happening...i really thought we'd have a bell/bell combo goin similar to denvers dominating duo couple yrs back

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

If we had a primary back who could cut it ,Brown would be a good fit as compliment to them.

White is a bust pure & simple. Sadly he's here for the season with Fisher known to stick with experienced players over potential.

Hopefully the special teams issues gives Henry a shot at making the active roster & at least we then have the option of playing him.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

That is something that is much more obvious when you attend a game live.

Neither Brown or White are anywhere close to Travis Henry in burst through a hole and the Titans currently have NO ONE who looks to have the speed to get much separation or stretch a defense beyond Chris Davis who the team appears to be looking to get more involved.

If Pacman was on the team, I bet we'd seen more packages with him on offense. This team lacks speed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar