Time to send Bruce back to Houston (OL problems)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, Sep 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

id rather rebuild the line. Palmer has done great things with our passing offense and our WR's. Run game sucks, but thats on the players, not the scheme.

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Seriosuly? You believe that the OL all of a sudden went from blocking for 2,000 yards to being bad players simply because Mawae left? Bull****. The problem is our entire OL is build for a power blocking scheme, not the zone. They're simply not good enough technically or athletically to play the zone. Putting a hat on someone though, I'm pretty sure they can still do.

3. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Guys, guys, at least CJ didn't have his usual stone hands. :)

4. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

It amazes me to think anyone with football knowledge could watch that game yesterday and come to the conclusion that anything other than the O-Line is the biggest problem we have offensively.

5. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I'm not sure that's the problem actually. I personally refuse to believe that anywhere near all of the people who blame CJ first know so little about it that they truly believe CJ is the biggest problem. If you want a 200 lb speed back to take on unblocked DT's, DE's, and MLB's head on, and literally say he sucks because he doesn't, you probably have other issues with that player. I don't like the term, but "hater" fits well for these folks. 28 had no chance at all yesterday. Period. Is he running hesitant? Of course he is!!!!

6. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

No, I definitely dont think Mawae leaving was what killed us. The only reason I mentioned Mawae is because that is as stupid as the people saying "he doesnt try on his runs anymore." Ive said multiple times that the scheme is the problem. Our OC is not going to change his scheme so we either have to get rid of him (which I dont want to do because of the passing game), or get players who can block and a RB who can run in the scheme. If they would have left things alone, then CJ would still be running very well and the running game would not look so bad.

We basically agree, but you took something I said out of context :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar