Time to send Bruce back to Houston (OL problems)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, Sep 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zone_blocking

Highlight:

In this blocking scheme which takes much from the Veer blocking system, creating movement on the defensive line is more important than opening a specific hole in the defense.

When CJ was successful, he had a specific hole he was supposed to hit, at full speed. By the time he got to the LB's he was full speed and/or gone. Now he has to stop, hope the offensive line even has a hole for him, pick it, and go.

1. They are not creating those holes

2. Remember the "hesitation" all last season, maybe the scheme now explains why?

Last season he lost faith in his line. That doesnt give him an excuse for sucking, but Ill be damned if I put all that on CJ.

Therefore yes, you were wrong, the scheme definitely has a huge affect on CJ, as well as the offensive line.

I will gladly bash on CJ when he needs it. However I wont when he is met by 1-3 people as soon as he touches the ball.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea CJ can't read defenses.
    We have most of Dingers plays in Palmers playbook, so running hasn't changed. What's changed is how we try to shift from Palmers balanced plays to Dingers counter plays. It's just weird, and causes hiccups.

3. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

It's causing a lot more than hiccups. Either that or our lineman are in a competition to see who can get blown up most every Sunday. Or maybe they are just legendarily awful!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Alzarius

Not anymore. He implemented his changes to the playbook this offseason. They were only left in last season because of the holdout and lack of time to try to implement his system, so he made it easier on the players and kept some of Dingers plays.

New season. This is his offense now.

5. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Calm down. Did I say we need to chance our running back? I think a big part of it falls on the coaching. Maybe our team would improve if we hired good coaches instead of just hiring friends who don't know what they're doing.

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

More people need to be high-fiving this thread.

I was going to make the same thread, but take it one step further and make a thread titled "Fire Matthews/Palmer."

Get these scrubs out of here. I'm sitting in the stands calling half of our plays... you can imagine it's pretty easy for the pros to do the same. Let's pull Washington and Wright out of the game! I wonder if they'll know it's a run?! Fools. Let's put Quinn at WR! Brilliant! Knew exactly what was coming there and knew it would fail. Every time we tried to be fancy, our plays sucked as I expected. I couldn't believe that we continued to give the ball to CJ. Our line + CJ proved to be useless, so it makes no sense to keep being a stubborn Fisher. I hated the Palmer hiring from the get go.

I refuse to defend CJ, but I do find it odd how he was a dominant back and rarely had a bad game before Bruce got here. Then all of the sudden Bruce comes here and we can't run... and the Texans become an elite rushing football team. I think that says it all.

I still loathe CJ, but there's no doubt in my mind he would be way better without Bruce. He truly had nowhere to run. At least he caught everything today.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. RTH

RTH Meh...

I concur.

I've seen head coaches take over the offensive coaching for a team... I've seen head coaches take over the defense for a team.

Please Munch... take back the Oline coaching. I know you can do that AND be head coach!

8. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

i truly think CJ hesitates "dances" because he's used to being hit behind the LOS now. the run blocking was awful no matter the back. CJ did miss a hole or two but let's be real. we couldn't even execute a QB draw without holding.

9. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

I just love all the people wanting us to throw in Ringer, or Reynauld, or harper...or or or (fill in the blank) as to how they're so much better than CJ.

The guy rushed for 2000 yards what 3 years ago? You think he's LOST THAT MUCH OF A STEP to be completely horrible and clueless? None of the other running backs have DONE ANYTHING.

We've got to get rid of matthews or Palmer, its f$%#ing embarrassing.

10. Alzarius

Not mad at all, I only get mad at really stupid people and I usually do very well on SUndays after losses :p

This had to do more with the line and RB not getting, or performing, the blocking scheme that Palmer installed. The zone blocking scheme is the one that allowed Denver to seem like they could make any RB an all pro.

Our line just isnt getting it and its not just the interior, its the tackles as well. Im sure everyone has noticed their drop off as well? Not that they suck, but they have left you wondering WTF several times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar