Time to send Bruce back to Houston (OL problems)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, Sep 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

LOL, you think belittling me makes you cool or something? I'm the one you need to keep up with. This game I'm watching has its fair share of defensive linemen in the backfield on running plays.

2. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Starter

I'm so sorry to have hurt your feelings. I didn't think you'd be offended so easily. All I've been trying to get through to you all day is simple. It doesn't matter if CJ, Frenchy, Harper, Quinn or you run the ball for this team. It's not going to work. All you can come up with is " Cut CJ, he blows." CJ didn't put together our lousy game plan, CJ didn't tell the D to quit playing halfway through the game and CJ didn't walk the sidelines with his thumb inserted in his ass while his team got a world class beat down. Want to know the difference between the Titans and those teams you mentioned? Coaching. Let me apologize in advance in case anything I have said damages your obviously fragile ego.

3. JCBRAVE

CJ doesn't run hard, a hard nosed RB is all we need if we're keeping this O-Line as is. If he's your friend I'm sorry he's having a hard time, but he can't break tackles to save his life these days. Accept that.

Stop blaming the coach, the scheme, the play calling, the blocking, LOL its CJ!!

4. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Just a quick question...

Whats the difference between our old scheme and our new one?

5. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Not the RB.

6. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Starter

I'm not defending CJ all the way. He's not playing 100%. But you're ignoring the bigger picture. If you think it's as simple as saying CJ is this teams problem then you're delusional. The coaching has and will play a huge part, the line ranked dead last in run blocking last season and after an entire off season nothing was done to fix it. The defense basically played soft zone the entire game. Sorry but it's not as easy for me to blame it on a running back as it is to say the organization doesn't know how to fix the problems or simply doesn't care.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

Quick answer; Our new offense is spread out more. It's suppose to create lanes to exploit.

8. JCBRAVE

And our focus has shifted. Runnning the ball isn't important to Chris Palmer, that's why we can't shift into run mode and run, we're thinking pass all the time.

9. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

CJ is playing hesitant. He's doing so because he has no confidence in his teammates blocking. I believe if CJ was in this system with the exact teammates playing exactly as they are now in 2009, he wouldn't have been much more effective than today if at all. I never really recall CJ taking on linebackers head on intentionally very often. It seems that's what many Titans fans are saying they want him to do. The men in front of him are getting blown up before he gets the ball!! It's pathetic. Absolutely embarrassing.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Jeff_The_Fan

Jeff_The_Fan Starter

The offensive line has MAJOR problems. it doesn't matter who the running back is if he is getting hit at the the line of scrimmage. For a person to blame CJ as the primary problem, clearly does not know the game of football well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar