Time to see Ealy and P. Williams?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big TT, Nov 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

What is the hold up with getting these two on the field? Do they not know the O, I really find it hard to believe that in the months of practice that they have not shown enough to at least get on the field. I am tiring of seeing this display of stone handed attempts.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I glad you posted this. I was going to start a thread "Is it time for a new WR coach?" I don't know why our WR's corp is consistently below average and we NEVER seem to hit on a stud. We are plagued with drops.

Sit Brandon Jones- he has had his fair share

3. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Didnt we just get a new WR coach?

4. gojohn45

gojohn45 Guest

It's like watching somebody try to catch a brick with two boards...

Somebody make a m-effen play! :irked:

5. NationofVols

NationofVols Camp Fodder

In case you didn't see any of the preseason, Paul Williams probably dropped as many passes in a couple of games as anyone else has all season. haha The dude can't catch and he has very little experience at wide receiver because he barely got to play in college because he was injured so often. He wasn't drafted to play this year....which is the common theme for the Titans draft picks.

Ealy is still on the practice squad if I remember correctly. That should tell you something.

Being able to catch the ball is one thing, being able to block, run a route, hold onto the ball, and know what you're doing on the field is another.

6. DJB

DJB Starter

You say that like the WRs currently on the roster can do those things

7. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

We need to trade for Santa Moss

8. DJB

DJB Starter

Cool...Santa Moss...just in time for Christmas!

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Jones may be our new Bennett. Can make some good plays, and then drop easy passes, huge passes.

Or maybe the next Drew is Roydell.

Or who knows, maybe all our WR's are just average (despite what Drew was paid, I say he's average). It seems so. I'm all for giving another guy a chance, we've given BJ and RW 3 years. Moulds is obviously not a long term answer, and not even much of a short term one.

Even with a run oriented O, you're going to have to rely on the pass sometimes. Those times a good WR would help a lot. It doesn't have to be an elite guy like TO, Moss, or Harrison. Something along the lines of a Mason or Holt.

10. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

To be honest. We all like to get all over Gage and Williams and say how good they look sometimes but in all reality every single one of our receivers blow harder then Kevin Dyson.

We need to do what the Pats did. Pick up any receiver who either gets cut or wants to be traded. Get Santana Moss , Donte Stallworth , Chad Johnson. Then draft Sweed.

Drop or trade every one of our receivers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar